Just read a review by "ruiNruiN" stating there is not subway service nearby to Times Square or Hell's Kitchen. However, there is a subway entrance less than a 2 minute walk up 57th St, for the Columbus Circle/59th Street Station. The entrance is right next to Sur La Table. This station is served by the 1,2,A,B,C and D trains. You can get anywhere in the city from here via subway. IMO, if you are looking for a reasonable hotel and plan on using the subway - this is the place for you. And, if you'd like to walk and explore Central Park, Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, Theater District, Lincoln Center are all within walking distance (depending of course on what you consider to be a 'reasonable' walk). Cold weather, rain, etc, can certainly make walking not much fun.
Our room was on the 8th floor (North Tower A) and I read signs the rooms were going to be renovated, ours appeared to have new carpet, bedding, furnishings and TV. The beds were very comfortable, the room was very large (especially for NYC). We never used the heat or AC so I can't comment on other's complaints about that. The bathroom was clean, fixtures worked well and plenty of water pressure and hot water. Our room was ready early and the front desk was pleasant and quick. Being on the 8th floor, were is some 'city noise' but it was not bothersome. There are so many great places to eat around the hotel, we did not dine there. We would usually get breakfast at Morning Star, Route 66 Cafe or Europan Bakery. For dinner we had excellent meals at Whym, Puttanesca and Kennedy's. All of the food offerings around here are very reasonably priced.
The only reason I didn't rate it 'excellent' is..well, it's still a Holiday Inn - I would say it's an 'excellent' Holiday Inn and a very good++ hotel in general.
We stayed here from 12/22-12/26/12 and had great time in NYC. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown