I have travelled for 5 weeks in the USA in sept/oct and stayed in 4 other holiday inns varying from 1 night to 12 nights and I must say I was very unimpressed by this hotel. It started on arrival. With 2 kids, 4 suitcases plus carry on luggage, not one staff member offered assistance with getting our bags to our room. Then we arrived in our room to the most awful damp smelling room. We opened windows and ducked down to the pharmacy to purchase air freshner. This did not help. I eventually brought it to the attention of reception staff, who offered me a can of air freshner, and the POSSIBILITY of changing rooms the following day. As you can imagine I did not want the hassle of repacking bags the next day and changing rooms when we had so much to see in New York in the time we were there. Even then there was no possibility of getting another room.
We ate in the restaurant one night and it was like being in a morgue. No smiles from anyone and the staff stood around using their mobile phones or sat at a spare table reading the newspaper.
The day we checked out we had even more luggage than when we arrived and at no stage once we were in the lobby were we offered any assistance with getting our bags outside.
The guy at the concierge desk was the most helpful of anyone in the hotel.
While New York was the best part if my 5 week USA adventure, I will not stay in this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.