I stayed at this hotel from 11/8-11/11/12. Upon arrival, check-in was handled efficiently and in a friendly, hospitable manner by front desk staff. I was on my way to my room within 10 minutes, which included waiting my turn in line. I do not understand the reviews of those who were disappointed in this hotel. It is nice and well-kept. My room was not only pleasant and clean, but it was decorated nicely and even in a contemporary way, in spite of the hotel's information that rooms would be updated in 2013. No complaints! Housekeeping staff was very attentive and good, and I commend them for their work and friendliness. All staff with whom I interacted were professional and have clearly been through excellent training. I met the owner of the hotel in the elevator one evening and we carried on a short, fun conversation. This hotel is actually in a pretty perfect location just four blocks from Columbus Circle and Central Park, an easy 15-minute walk from Times Square and the theater district and, maybe most satisfyingly, in a bit of a quiet neighborhood just blocks from the Hudson River with plenty of local diners, Starbucks and markets within two blocks.
I would return to this hotel easily and, next time I am in NYC, quite likely will. The rating for this hotel is appropriate. It does not present greatly luxurious amenities, but it is also not a low-end hotel by any means. It is very comfortable and will suit most travelers very nicely. I was in town for a conference.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.