On first arrival, no choice of rooms, so two rooms looking out on to another building (but I guess its NYC so not much of a choice.)
The room was clean, but very tired with patchy wallpaper and old and part stained carpet and easy chair cover, the curtains, net drapes etc had all seen better days.
NY has changed in the last 10 years, very rude, brusque people seem to inhabit this city, and the prices (ok so its NY) are expensive.
OK so its the city that never sleeps, and it dosent, noise all the time - no let up.
No more buying lots of clothes on the cheap - we came away with nothing as every store was or seemed to be more expensive than the UK.
However, if you forget all of that and are prepared to walk most places (the taxi drivers are the worst since going to Cairo a few years ago) they are mostly Hispanic, dont speak good English and would not be allowed on the road in the UK due to their crap driving habits, then you can go to all the sites that NY has to offer.
The Empire State, Statue of Liberty(closed due to construction work), Rockefeller Centre, USS Intrepid etc etc are all must sees while you are there.
For me - I wont be going back to NYC in the conceivable future, if you want to meet the real American people, who are friendly and NOT rude, then go to Cape Cod, Virginia etc.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.