“A quiet, friendly boutique hotel in perfect NYC location.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Lowest Rate Anywhere!
Ranked #9 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Kansas City, Missouri
“A quiet, friendly boutique hotel in perfect NYC location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hotel Elysee is in the perfect location near Central Park and Midtown Manhattan tourist attractions. It is an easy walk to Times Square or the Empire State Building too. The decor is beyond stunning. The hotel staff was extremely friendly (seems to be hard to come by in NYC) and helpful. I would highly rate this hotel for business or pleasure. My mom and son (age 9) traveled with me and the King Suite was absolutely perfect at 600 square feet. We had a queen size sofa bed to pull out for my son.

We will definitely stay at the Hotel Elysee if we return to New York.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite and I would highly recommend it for the additional space and amenities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Turkish first
La Jolla, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were very pleased with our sojourn at the Elysee. The location could not have been better -- very quiet, but only a few minutes from Madison Avenue. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Every time we came through the door, someone said "Welcome back!"

The cold breakfast buffet was more than ample to prepare us for the day, and it was great that something, bagels, pastries, fruit, cookies, water, coffee, tea,,, was always available. The lengthy wine and cheese (5-8 pm) also came in handy, since some of our shows began at 7 or at 3, and at least we knew we would have something available if we had a late dinner. Water bottles and a chocolate bar were left on top of the mini bar. They were complimentary ( a small sign indicating this is the case would have obviated the need for my inquiry.)

Our Deluxe King room was good-sized, and nicely appointed. I appreciated that we were left 3 large and small towels without having to ask. The hair dryer attached to the wall was totally inadequate, so to remedy that problem, another hairdryer had been provided, hanging in a bag on the back of the bathroom door. Unfortunately I did not see it right away. I also wish there had been a sign about this, since it took me a while to dry my hair with the old one, and I didn't learn about dryer #2 until I called downstairs. One can also get a makeup mirror, which I also did not know. (There was a card placed on the bed containing along list of extra amenities that one could have for the asking, but the mirror and extra hair dryer were not mentioned.)

The only reason I cannot give the Elysee 5 stars is because of the extremely noisy air conditioner. I just could not sleep at all through the racket, and it was in the 90s during most of our stay. So, we kicked the thermostat down until the room was totally freezing, and then turned the A/C off for the night; we made it through the nights this way. I think for our next stay in NYC during the summer we might try one of Elysee's sister hotels.

Room Tip: Ask if there have been complaints about the A/C unit in the room they assign to you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
wallingford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Consistently the best customer service experience you can have ,

All members of staff interact perfectly with customers

Its a cross between a hotel , a private club and a nice home

Its the kind of hotel that once you have stayed here you cannot stay anywhere in NYC .

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Thanks to the reviews on Trip Advisor, we stayed at the Hotel Elysee last year during an autumn trip to NYC. We could not have been more pleased. For our repeat trip this year, there is no need to do any research - we will be back at the Elysee. The location is fabulous, the staff wonderfully friendly and helpful, the rooms very comfortable and attractive, and the fantastic second floor large sitting room open for breakfast, reading, wine in the afternoon and etc. provides all guests with a wonderful option for some downtime in a very comfortable common area. And, let's not forget the Monkey Bar downstairs! A true classic. We could not have had a more wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited New York and spent 3 nights at this hotel. It was fabulous. I found the reception guys a little stand-offish at first but warmed to them as they relaxed a bit. I had a problem with my shower in the very nice room I booked; and got the dream upgrade with no fuss. It is a classic 1930s(?) hotel just a quick walk from 5th Ave, Central Park and several subway stations. The breakfast and evening drinks are in a beautiful room with friendly service and comfortable seating. The lift is slow- but get over it. I had several great meals at Bill's restaurant over the road and there is a superb wine shop just next door also. I would definitely stay there again and suggest you consider booking a top suite; they are great and well priced relative to many other NYC hotels. A memorable place indeed.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and enjoy.
Mount Dora, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel served us well. Very nice room with a patio. Quiet room even though we were near elevator which I thought would be a concern but was not.
Staff very helpful. Breakfast was good and staff very accomadating.
Great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Canning Vale Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at the Elysee’s sister hotel – The Casablanca – last year. We loved our experience at the Casablanca last year, but would have to say the Elysee wins hands down in terms of location and room layout/décor/hotel design. The Elysee is perfectly located in downtown Manhattan and is a calm oasis in the middle of this thriving City. It is in close proximity to subway lines – meaning you are close to EVERYTHING! The complimentary breakfast and evening drinks/hor d'oeuvres are an appreciated touch. We stayed with our 19 year old son and would not hesitate to book this hotel if we returned to NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Elysee? Share your experiences!