“I really recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brasilia, DF
“I really recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff is very friendly, rooms are in belle epoque style, very romantic. They serve breakfast in a nice living room where we can relax and drink some wine after 5 pm. It is well located, near good shops, restaurants, Broadway theatres and Central Park. I would like to stay in hotel Elysee again.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room with street view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Turkish first
Hurricane, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I love this boutique hotel! Booked it on a whim after I read other very good reviews and was more than pleasantly surprised. Location? check Cleanliness? check Comfort? check! The bathroom was on the luxurious side and room decor was European and comfortable-room size? Not too big but not too small, comfortable for 2 people. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is because the hallway on the 2nd floor to the complimentary breakfast area looked a little worn, but my room was perfect and very quiet. I will definitely stay here again! oui!

Room Tip: My room was quiet and I check in at night so the lack of a view was unimportant - if its important t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cool, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel Elysee is perfectly located in Manhattan, NY, close to everything you could possible want to do in the city. The staff couldn't be more helpful or accommodating and genuinely enjoy what they do. All of them are very knowledgeable, too, and can assist with anything from inexpensive transportation to exclusive restaurant reservations. Pay attention when they recommend those restaurants, too. They have excellent taste! The only thing that makes me hesitate about singing their praises is there are already so many people who have discovered them, I don't need any more competition getting rooms there when I'm in town!

Room Tip: The King Suite is really spacious and comfortable, not like a hotel room at all. The bed is extreme...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights after we got married and before we left for Aruba. All of the the staff we met was very attentive and friendly, unlike in some hotels. The cocktail hour and the breakfast were amazing--the food was fresh, there was a wide variety of food and drink, and it was constantly being refilled by the staff. Our room was clean and it was surprisingly very quiet for being in the heart of the city.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed six nights at this Hotel, we chose it on the back of very good reviews and were not disapppointed.We were greeted at the front desk by Rich a most helpful and friendly person you would ever want to meet ever wishing to please.We were celebrating our golden wedding the hotel upgraded our room and Hope presented us with a bottle of wine and chocolates.The room was excellent and quietly situated.The continental breakfast was varied and well stocked, the staff were always on hand to assist, an added bonus was the afternoon tea excellent after a days sightseeing.Two small points of concern the bath tub has no means of assist (a grab handle),the coffee/tea makers do not reach the plug socket! a small table would help. All in all my wife and I enojoyed this trip made all the better by the "Elysee"
David and Alwyn

Room Tip: Choose rear facing
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After staying at the Casablanca a couple of years back, I wanted to try a sister property of the Library chain to see if it would live up to the same standards I had come to expect and I was so happy I did. Here are the highlights of our stay:

- Chris at the front desk was so helpful in making reservations, suggesting activities and remembering details of our evening and asking how we enjoyed our time. He as well as the other amazing staff members are the main reason why I'd go back

- The complimentary breakfast has good variety and since I'm gluten free, appreciated the gluten free toast offering -- Only suggestion, more newspapers please. I had a hard time finding an intact NYTimes to read and would have been happy to pay for a copy if available

- The rooms have a classic feel and decoration however had all the essentials I needed, a room safe, iron, hairdryer and the wifi worked well

Thanks for another memorable stay and I look forward to returning again soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on lower levels are better as the elevator is small and slow. I took the stairs most of the t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 10 nights for our honeymoon and it's the best hotel we've ever been to in terms of service. The hotel staff are so well trained and do their very best to accommodate all of your needs from asking where asking where to buy things, hailing a cab or borrowing an umbrella in a thunderstorm! Breakfast is complementary as is the cheese and wine between 5 - 8. The lounge is a lovely place to sit and relax and there's free tea and coffee all day. The rooms are very well cleaned every day, which is nice to come back to after a long day out. Our room was tastefully decorated on the 14th floor so very quiet. On our arrival, there was Prosecco and chocolates to welcome us and congratulate us on our marriage. Also a check out of 1pm and the hotel looking after our bags made our final afternoon very relaxing and fuss-free. When we return to New York, we would not stay at any other hotel. Thank you to all of the hotel staff for such a fantastic stay - you guys o a great job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Elysee? Share your experiences!