“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Lowest Rate Anywhere!
Ranked #7 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This was our fourth stay and as usual did not disappoint. Every single person we encountered was truly gracious and welcoming in a genuine way. The front desk staff are warm and friendly (hey Ruby!). I love the attention to detail...from the cleanliness of the rooms, to the housekeepers in their "old school" uniforms to the girls staffing the hospitality room who were always busy serving guests, refreshing food and keeping the room spotless. When we left, the doorman wheeled our bag all the way down to the corner of Park and 54th St and made sure we got a cab so we would not be late to the airport. I also work in the service industry as does my husband so we appreciate the Elysee very much and know the tireless effort that takes place behind the scenes to make all the "apparent effortlessness" happen. Please pass along our thanks and compliments to everyone at our favorite hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at the Hotel Elysee. The location is convenient to almost everywhere. The staff was helpful, accomodating and truly interested in making our stay the best. We have stayed many times at the Elysee and intend on returning again.

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Hotel Elysee is the perfect location for Central Park, Times Square, shopping, subway, theatres. and great restaurants. They have a very knowledgeable staff that can help with all your needs, i.e., restaurants and subway assistance. I have been to NY numerous times and this is the first time I have ever taken the subway. The staff was the difference and now I feel like I am an expert. Along with the great location, E. 54th street just off Madison Ave., they offer a great continential breakfast, and at 5:00 they have wine and cheese along with delicious cookies and other snacks. The library on the second floor, where breakfast and afternoon wine & cheese is served, is a great meeting place if you are traveling with several other couples in your group. I will definitely go back as the hotel offers a great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the moment we pulled up to the hotel to the time we left for the airport, everything about our stay was perfect. We felt the smiles and hellos from every staff member were genuine. The location was perfect. There was an upscale restaurant/bar and small grocery store across the street. A block away there was another restaurant/bar. That bar specialized in martinis. Around the corner there was a sandwich shop on the second floor of another small grocery store. The hotel has a nice club room where free wine and snacks between 5 – 7 was a popular place to start off an evening. One thing that was different about the hotel was you called the front desk for ice (crushed or cubed). The first time I called for ice I told my girlfriend well wonder how long this will take. The staff member was ringing or doorbell within three minutes…maybe a tad less. I also called early in the morning for a plunger. Again, the staff member was there quickly. As my girlfriend and I were at the airport waiting for or flight, we were chatting about what a great weekend we had and when we come back, Hotel Elysee is where we will stay.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location; terrific staff; our junior suite was huge and comfortable; the complimentary breakfast in the morning, coffee and tea anytime, and wine and appetizers in the afternoon make this a true value. And we love the Monkey Bar; great food, and old NY ambience. This was my second visit, and will stay there whenever in NYC. Highly recommend.

Pikeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stay at the Elysee several times a year. Although I have many options for hotels in the city, I feel so comfortable there. The staff are all so attentive and I never have to ask for anything. It is such a wonderful value to have breakfast and the afternoon wine tasting included. I think it is the best value in town. I am getting ready to book my next stay!

Room Tip: As there is only one elevator, ask for a lower floor. It's easy to take the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Returned for a 2nd time for an an anniversary weekend. Bottle of champagne and box of chocolates awaited (1st visit they provided a nice bottle of cabernet sauvignon). Hotel is mid block on 54th street, short walk to subway at 53rd and Lex or 59th and Lex. Complimentary breakfast is excellent. Service is perfect. Quiet room. Will definitely return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Elysee? Share your experiences!