“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Columbus, New Jersey
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice stay at the Hilton Manhattan East. Rooms a little small, but that is the city and most rooms are. Hotel was hospitable and comfortable. Easy to get around the city. Breakfast was great. Follow up by the Operations Manager, Robert Ibanez was a plus. Hilton's never cease to amaze me.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Longueuil, Qc, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was on a short vacation trip to New York for four nights at this hotel close to Times Square and Grand Central Terminal during the Memorial weekend. The room was extremely small - there was not even room for a single chair or a sofa. No view from the room (or in fact I should say view on the appartement of people living in the next building). The carpet of the room was dusty. Fortunately, the bed was very confortable and the bathroom (very basic and small) had everything we normally expect. Staff was OK, but nothing exceptional. They've tried to charge me Internet for 4 days as I've only used it for the first morning (15$ per day). Valet was offered for parking at 55$ per day, but I found a parking on the 39th Street at 39$ per day (hey ... this is New York!). For the same price, I've had the opportunity to stay at better Hôtels in New York in the past.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear SicilyLover,

Thank you for the feedback of our property and sharing your review with TripAdvisor. It seems as if the room you received was not to your liking and I know that if you were to stay with us in the future we can be sure to get you one that you would love. I am shocked to read our staff was just OK, as you can read in many other comments we may be an older property however we have an amazing staff that always goes the extra mile to take care of every guest that walks through our lobby. We would love another chance at showing you we are worthy of a 5 star review.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am spending more and more time in NYC for work. I am trying to find the hotel that will be my regular. This was a nice hotel. My husband met me for our anniversary and we had a great Suite. (one piece of advice - you could directly into the apartment next door so be sure to close the blinds). This is a historic hotel but they have kept it very modern. The staff was very accommodating and went out of their way for us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Amy5460,

I want to thank you for the great review of our property. You certainly understand our property very well as being an historic hotel with a modern touch to it. We love to take care of our guests for special occasions and making the trip extra special. We would love to have you stay with us regularly and if you are interested in any bookings please contact our Director of Operations Robert Ibanez at Robert.Ibanez@hilton.com

Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Quite disapointed with this Hotel. Room was very small, not even a couple of bottles of Water in the room. Extremley Basic.
TV did not work, although I do appreciate had I of reported that, I am sure it would have been sorted. But, we were only there two nights and I didn't really need to use it.

Bed, comfortable but very small. NO WAY a Queen. Slept fine, other than the wife trying to take the whole of what little of the bed there was.

Reception area etc all looked nice, was very clean and staff were good.

The room let this Hotel down.

Location good for Times Square etc, about 10-15 minute stroll.

Personally, would not stay there again because of the quality of the rooms. Premier Inn would have been better.

Dear Awopbamboo,

We all appreciate your feedback of our property as it is essential in order for us to correct any issues on property to make our hotel a great destination for any traveler. I am happy to see that the staff on property were able to take care of you during the stay however I do wish you would have alerted us to your disliking of the room. When we are not sold out we are happy to move our guests to a room of their liking to ensure they enjoy their time with us. I'm sure if you were to stay with us again we could find a room that is much better suited for you.

Madhya Pradesh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a typical staying place for a cramped city like New York . The room 814 that I am in at present is a clean & comfortable room but a small one... cramped for space.
Do not raise the window blinds ! You will be greeted by the smiling drain pipes . No view from the room ! Small bathroom and a nothing to do with a single seater sofa give you a feel of the fillers.
The staff is courteous and eager to help kinds ; a big plus . Breakfast is very good and the service is excellent ; another plus ; Herbs & kitchen at lobby is very friendly and a must stop ; a big tick !!
Overall ... A nice destination to rest in the never tiring city of New York... Can't comment on rates as I am traveling on a tour package.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashish68,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review of our property. We take all guest feedback very seriously and use it to better our service and product. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our service and the amenities we offer on property. As for the room I can say that we do have many different room types however when traveling with a group they do book you in a standard room. If you were to travel on your own I would love to show you the bigger rooms that we have with breathtaking views. Hope to see you stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,

DeLand, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel was very accessible to Times Square and Rockefeller Center areas as it sits almost due East mid-way between them. About a 15-20 Minute walk puts you there. Good value for a New York City stay. Other areas would cost you at least $100-$200 more. This is a relatively small Hotel which is an older renovated building, but the rooms were very clean and the bed was of Hilton quality. As a business traveler I recommend this location if you don’t have to be near the tourist areas and are looking for a good value. I also receive Hilton points for the stay, so all the better!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear David C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share it with the TripAdvisor Community. We are considered an Historic Hotel of America which is what gives us that older feel yet we still manage to keep the property and its services very modern to the times. Our location is very quiet on the east side of Manhattan however still very close to major attractions in NYC such as Grand Central Station and Times Square. We would love to have you back again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Visited for Memorial Day weekend with my husband. Location was perfect- quieter area, close proximity to action, etc. Rooms are clean and a decent size. Great value. Service was attentive and Jose the Doorman was very helpful from the moment I checked in! Will definitely be back!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Danielle Z,

We were all very happy to have you with us over the holiday and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Jose is a major asset to our team and I am happy to see that he was able to take care of you. We hope that you will be returning to us in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!