“Great for a NY short break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #203 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow
“Great for a NY short break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent our short New York break here and it suited well. Just opposite the Chrysler Building and a few minutes walk from Grand Central Station. Just far enough away from Times Square which is in easy walking distance. Our room was of a good size, clean and comfortable. There was a TV, radio alarm, safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. We also got free wi-fi in the room but this may have been because we joined Hilton Honors before we left UK. We did not really eat or drink in the hotel but there was a sandwich and drinks shop. The staff were helpful and friendly. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was 1417 on the 14th floor. Not a great view but it is New York
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've read most of the recent reviews here, and it's time to get real. This place is comfortable, fine, well located. The staff is friendly and when available helpful. However, this hotel is not to the standard of other Hilton properties. If it weren't for the toiletries, you wouldnt peg this as a Hilton. I would know, Ive already stayed 80 days this year in Hilton properties. I would characterise this closer to a Homewood suites or Hilton Garden Inn.

Breakfast is quite ordinary, there is no executive lounge, staff is not always readily available. When I asked for ice, for example, I was told to go to floor 8 or 14 to get some with my in room ice bucket. When I visited BOTH floors both had signs directing me to floor 2, as both were not functioning. When trying to collect my checked bags, both on check in and check out -- no one was readily available at the baggage room, and I had to wait over 5 minutes for someone to appear.

As another reviewer commented the gentleman in the breakfast room are very nice and readily fill your cup with coffee, it's just that you feel you're in a waffle house rather than a Hilton property

Regarding the property itself, the lobby is quite shabby and in need of refurbishing. there are a set of 6 mirrors in the lobby which should be taken down or replaced as they are quite water marked and stained

In all, this is a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in a great location. Just don't expect the standard at most flagship Hilton properties.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was extremely small and had a funny odor. I recognize that a lot of NYC hotels are small, but this had to be one of the top 3 smallest rooms I've ever stayed in. I could not sit at the desk because the distance from the desk to the bed barely fit the desk chair. Also, the breakfast buffet is way over priced ($28), but the service was excellent. If the price was posted at the restaurant entrance, I would have gone down the road to eat.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Austin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel has been refurbished and is in a great location. However our ceiling repeatedly leaked in the bathroom, maintenance insisted over and over it was fixed, but it was not. They also informed us that the bathrooms above and below us were leaking

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Paul S, Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Jeff G,

Allow me to apologize for the poor stay you had with us recently. We exhausted all of our options in house to fix that room and have already called in a professional team to get the room back into working order. It was not a simple solution which could have been prevented and I am sorry that this affected your stay. I would love to have you come back and visit us in the future and if you choose to do so please send me an email at Robert.Ibanez@hilton.com.

Robert Ibanez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My daughter and I stayed at Hilton in Manhattan (East) for two nights to celebrate her 13th birthday. The Hilton Manhattan East is in a great location, just a few blocks from Grand Central Station and walking distance or a short taxi fare to Times Square. The bathroom is equipped wih an impressive shower system and a jacuzi tub. I didn't eat there so can't comment on the restaurant, but there are great eateries close by. The interior and furnishings were a bit dated and but the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The comfort you expect from Hilton. I got a decent rate and so felt it was reasonable for the accomodations.

Room Tip: My room was o.k. Unfortunately, I didn't have a great view, just the side of another building.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Melvinat2015,

First let me thank you for choosing to stay at our property and second thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. I was extremely pleased to read you had such a good stay and that your daughters birthday went well. We have an excellent location which is always a major selling point for our property. On your next visit I would love to make sure you have a great view.

Best Wishes,

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a few nights in March and loved it. The rooms are small but very nicely done and laid out. The shower was a work, it has instructions but once you figured it out it was actually a very nice shower. For NYC it was great for the price we paid. You can walk to Grand Central Station, food all around and you are not far from Times Square and Broadway.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Kennidi,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are an older property and are also recognized as an Historic Hotel of America which leads to some of our room features to be a bit dated compared to more modern hotels. We do however still offer a great experience with an amazing staff. We would love to see you back again with us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got a great room, Room 1911. View of Harlem River. Cynthia made sure everything was perfect. Four fixture bath with bidet and Jacuzzi tub. Sitting area, desk and king size bed to get lost in. Only 2 blocks to Grand Central Station on 42nd St. Doormen are all superb, able to flag cabs at a moment's notice. About $40 cab fare from La Guardia airport.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lori R,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our hotel. We all loved reading how much you enjoyed your time with us. Room 1911 is a gem of a room and I'm happy to see you enjoyed our excellent location. Our short walk to Grand Central is a major selling point for our guests. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!