“Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #206 of 461 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a lovely hotel, I stayed here for two for two nights with a friend for our Birthdays.
Great location, and the staff were so friendly. A personal thank you to Tess at reception, she gave us great recommendations for food and some amazing roof top bars.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear SarahR377OR,

Thank you for your great review of our property. Tess is such a great asset to our team and we always make sure that our guests are taken care of. We are located right on 42nd and 2nd only 2 short blocks from Grand Central. This area is also much quieter than most locations in NYC but still offers a close proximity. We would love to have you back with us.

Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Cutchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Ok. I stay here alot... probably 10-15 times per year. No one is going to be blown away by its sweeping grandeur and beauty because it is not that type of place. It is an unpretentious, functional, efficient and simple hotel that gives you great service and great value.

It's location on E42nd makes Grand Central and all the great restaurants on Second Ave a simple walk. It's also easy on and easy off the FDR drive as I take my car in when go to the city.

Best part are the two dooormen Dennis & Mike. They are great ambassadors for the hotel, always have a smile on thier faces, remember my name and will do anything to make my time at the hotel simpler and smoother. Real New Yorkers....

I have stayed many times at all the luxury hotels in the city but go back here every month for two simple reasons. Its a great stay and a great value.

If you are looking for a simple stay and a great value, this hotel is the best kept secret in NYC.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I have stayed in are a little on the small side but all are clean, crisp and well m...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear RBailey14990,

After all of your stays I want to first thank you for your loyalty as it means a lot to us to continue returning. Our staff here always tries its hardest to get people to return to us and just create a great atmosphere to be around. Dennis and Mike are two examples of how our associates take pride in what they do to make sure you feel welcomed and at home. We'd love to have you back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am in NYC quite a bit for business trips and the Hilton Manhattan East is always my first choice because they have a great front desk team. The are many other choices in Manhattan, but the service I receive from Kevin and Tess keep me coming back to the Hilton Manhattan East. Both Kevin and Tess are very friendly and personable (which you don't always find in NYC), plus if I have ever have issues/problems with my room they are very quick to step up and get involved to fix problem ASAP. Additionally, they are both both great if you ever need a restaurant or shopping recommendation. Looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: High Floors can have great views of the city
Dear Scott S,

The entire staff always enjoys having you stay with us and sending in your reviews. Tess and Kevin continue to always deliver amazing service to all of our guests and we are happy to be your hotel of choice in the city. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes,

Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hilton Manhattan East is in a great location with a very good staff. The hotel is very nice and has wonderful amenities for your stay. The staff is very attentive to your needs and provided excellent service. We were very pleased with our stay. Thanks Hilton Manhattan East Staff for making our time in NYC enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Joel C,

Thank you for the kind words in your review about our property. We are very happy that the staff paid great attention to you and made sure your stay was a successful one. They truly separate us from our competition and make our guests feel at home. We'd love to have you stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This is a great place to stay for a quick weekend getaway in the NYC area. The location is amazing right on 42nd street and you don’t even realize how close you are to everything. I found a great deal on Expedia under $100!!! Checkin went well but the first room I got I did not like, a bit small for me. I called down and spoke to the manager Robert and he was kind enough to even walk me to another room to make sure I liked it. The service at this hotel is very personable and its why I always travel with Hilton. I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear latina b,

Thank you for your great review of our property. We always love having people stay with us for special events and celebrations like birthdays. Robert is excellent at taking these celebrations and making them that much more special. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Rooms are a good size and all around good deal for your money..Tess at the front desk is super friendly and helpful...and she gave us great suggestions on where to eat and drink! Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ashleygirl52,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. We are centrally located right on 42nd st so we are only 2 short blocks from Grand Central and only one block to the UN. Tess is one of our stars at the desk and I'm happy to see that she was able to take care of you. We hope to see you with us again in the future.

Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I'm in New York almost every week and this is my go-to hotel due to its central location and proximity to a wide range of restaurants (from low-end pizza to high end steak joints) within a few blocks and transportation modes (Grand Central-Rail, Bus, Taxi, Feet). The hotel staff is very personable and eagerly assist all hotel guests, especially those travelers not too familiar with NYC. Kevin Law at the front desk is also a wonderful resource and quick to offer a restaurant recommendation or just simply listen to a guest's story after a long day at work. For a business traveler like myself the hotel offers everything I need.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Dan M,

It was great to read your comments this morning as I am always happy to read about a 5 star experience at the property. We are located right on 42nd St which is easily accessible to many different restaurants and transportation options as you stated. Grand Central is only a 2 short block walk. Kevin is an excellent example of how our staff goes the extra mile to take care of our guests. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!