“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Stay Package
Ranked #212 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Vienna, VA
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Recently stayed for business travel and was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Tucked just a few blocks from grand central this hilton is centrally located but away from the chaos. Front desk staff were very pleasant and put me into the nicest room available. Rooms on both of my recent stays were very spacious. I was shocked and excited on one stay to find a lovely balcony off my room with chairs to take in the skyline. Bathrooms were spacious but are ready for an update. The sink and counter in my room looked like they were ready to detach from the wall. Otherwise room was clean and comfortable. Did not eat at the hotel. Would stay again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We had a great stay! No problems at all- everything was as it should be. Beds were super comfy, everything was clean, staff was kind. Great location- just a few minutes to Grand Central, shopping, there is a CVS close by in case you forgot or need anything. We walked to Times Square, Central Park, Madison Square Garden from here. And of course shopping on 5th ace is easily accessible as well.

• Stayed February 2015
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a small Hilton hotel and a little less standardized than most. It is conveniently located in its neighbourhood, very reasonably priced and quite comfortable. Our room faced a tiny courtyard, but was correspondingly quiet. A good breakfast is served, but there is no restaurant. Service is friendly, but there is a clear tendency to forget renewal of equipment (cups, tea, etc.).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Benjamin I,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to send in your review of our property. While we are a smaller Hilton compared to others we do take pride in the high level of service we are able to provide for our guests. We have an excellent breakfast buffet and although we do not have a traditional hotel restaurant we do offer our Herb N Kitchen. The Herb N Kitchen is a gourmet style Grab n Go style experience that most places are adapting in the city. We have sandwiches, salads, and other snacks pre made for a quick bite but also have hot food available as well for purchase. We all hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Everything was wonderful. Starting from check-in, the staff was quite friendly which left us a great impression. The room was not spacious but big enough and made us feel comfortable. In addition, this hotel is located nearby Grand Central, which is great for tourists to explore the city. The hotel was perfect to relax in after a long day of walking around the city, and you could find pizza shops and marts to buy something nice to eat. And it offers free wifi, awesome!

Before staying in Hilton Manhattan East, We stayed in DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan at Lexington Ave. Though both are Hilton, but we didn't have nice experience in Doubletree since it was noisy and the room layout is not as good. Hilton Manhattan East makes us have better impression on Hilton. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to our friends!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Jovy L,

Thank you for your great review of our property. We were happy to host you and it is great to see that you enjoyed our location. We have only a short 2 block walk to Grand Central and only 1 block from the UN building. This area also has a large amount of restaurants and food options that aren't tourist traps with high raised prices. We would love for you to stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was scheduled to stay at this property for 4 nights with my daughter. I had stayed at this location several years ago and remember it as being well maintained. When checking-in, there was a pipe leak in the lobby; ceiling dripping water from above... not a big deal - seemed to be handled by staff. The first night, our heat wasn't working. It was -5 F outside; the windows were drastically leaking cold air - we bundled up throughout the night and suffered through it. We told the front desk in the morning. Rather than get us new room, they said, let's see if the engineers can fix it. When I returned at the end of the day, I checked the front desk again; no one seemed to know if anyone checked it and I was given the same room location on a higher floor. The second night was okay... heat worked, but again the windows leaked so much cold air that one side of the room was 10 degrees colder than the other (note: this is not a big room). Third night, I awoke at 3am freezing, my daughter coughing (she had pneumonia just 6 weeks earlier)... it was 48 degrees in the room... no heat. I called down; they rudely said the whole building was out of heat - you could tell the person answering was annoyed. I called at 6am... same. He said it should be fixed by 7am. I called at 7... still not fixed... again annoyed by the call. I said, we can't stay here. He said we'd get 20,000 points back on our account. I then became aggravated and said, "I don't want points!" Is that what you mean by "make it right?" At 10am, I checked out (a day early) after booking the Westin next door for less money per night. The front desk refunded me for 2 of the 3 nights and they were apologetic, but embarrased - you could tell they just didn't know how to handle the situation

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear R S,

I first want to apologize for the extremely poor experience you had at the Hilton Manhattan East. This is certainly not the standard level of service that we offer to our guests and you stayed with us during a very trying time in NYC. Our property amongst many others in the city have been affected by the severe cold leading to a few burst pipes. These pipes forced our Engineering team to work extra hours and try variations of work to get the project finished. This of course led to some of our guests suffering to some colder temperatures in the room more than we would have liked. I know that we have compensated you over 2/3's of the money you had spent during your time with us and I can only hope in the future you will give us another opportunity to change your perception of our property. If you were to ever stay with us again please be sure to reach out to me at PSchwartz@tpghospitality.com.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This is a small version of the Hilton at the Avenue of the Americas, and as such is a quieter version. Rooms are also smaller but provide the same facilities and toiletries. Light switch is not global. Individual lamps have to be turned on. Bathroom is quite dated, and they leave instructions about how to use it, because it is not user friendly. There is also no detachable nozzle. Room temperature was very warm. I could not bring it lower. If I am not mistaken, some mentioned it here already.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear thesupr,

We all thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. It does however seem as you did not overly enjoy the stay as we were not able to wow you to get a 5 star review. We do follow the same Hilton Brand Standards as the Hilton Midtown so our room amenities you will see the same as well in most Hilton Hotels. However we do have an amazing staff here that separates us from the bunch. We would love to have you stay with us again soon so that we can show that to you.

Best Wishes,

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here in January for business. The hotel is fine, but it a little away from the main tourist areas - ok I guess if you are there for the UN. Having said that there are some interesting places that are more real New York around it.

The rooms are a little old fashioned and reflect the age and nature of the hotel. This is a very different hilton for instance to the Times Square or Avenue of the Americas Hiltons.

But it was clean, cheap - for New York - and perfectly pleasent. But it didn't stand out in any way.

Room Tip: go high - but then expect the lift to be a little slow!