“Going down hill ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Stay Package
Ranked #202 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Detroit, Michigan
“Going down hill ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'm a diamond member for hilton and have stayed at this hotel about 4 times. For sure this is my last. First I was floored that no bellman helped me into the hotel, then after I checked in, I went to the bellman's desk to pick up a box mailed to me, still they offer me no help. Once in my room, I want a drink of water only to discover they have very very cheap plastic cups. Blew my mind. This is a hilton, not a Hampton. I walk over to the night stand to call for real glasses, as I pick up the phone, 2 legs fall off the night stand and lamp, clock and phone go crashing down. Unbelievable. There were other things that blew my mind throughout my visit .. Like the room could only be cooled down by opening a window. I had them open often and had the heat totally off. The place is falling apart. I will pick better next time I'm in NYC.
Beware ...

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is not a fancy hotel by any means but the location is great for Manhattan. The rooms are quiet, the bed is comfortable and they have free wifi but the best thing about this hotel is Jose the doorman who is always keen to please.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First time in New York City, a nice hotel in the heart of New York City, central location, close to major sights as grand central, chrysler building. Comfortable rooms and especially a nice Doorman Jose, he helped me several times.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great location in Manhattan. Good quality hotel close to Grand Central and most attractions,United Nations, etc. Had a nice comfortable double room with two queen size beds.Didn't use the restaurant as I was meeting with locals on my visit so we used nearby diners, e.g. brunch at Pershing Square near Grand Central. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We needed to spend a night in NY and we got a very good deal on this hotel. The location was perfect, we could walk there from the Pen Station, walk around Times Square and Midtown. Everything was nice, clean, and comfortable as we expected from a Hilton.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My recent stay was fantastic. The hotel was charming. Clean, neat and full of friendly staff willing to make sure your stay was amazing. I was greeted by a nice doorman. It only got better from there. Tess at the desk was a sweetheart. She went beyond to ensure our stay was special. She took time to give us great tips on attractions and directions. She was super and helpful. The room was great. Location was key away from the noises of the busy mid town attractions but close enough to walk to them.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear midgefly418,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. It was a delight to read how much our associates were able to take care of you especially Tess at the desk. She always makes sure to keep our guests happy. We are only a short 2 block walk from Grand Central and only a 15 minute walk away from Times Square. We would love to have you back with us.

Best Regards,

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hilton Manhattan East

Address: 304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York)
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Manhattan , Midtown , Murray Hill
#43 Best Value Hotel in New York City
#112 Business Hotel in New York City
#122 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#167 Family Hotel in New York City
#185 Romantic Hotel in New York City
Hotel Class:4 star — Hilton Manhattan East 4*
Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
Tudor Hotel United Nations
Crowne Plaza United Nations
Tudor Hotel New York City

If you own or manage Hilton Manhattan East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.