“Amazing Getaway Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

Save Saved
You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #226 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Amazing Getaway Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel in July for a quick weekend getaway and it was absolutely amazing. The location can’t be beat with just a short minute walk to Grand Central Station. The hotel is a bit hidden however the doorman Chris was there to greet me and make me feel welcomed. Christina at the Front Desk checked me and was very kind and warm. The room was a quiet room on the 12th floor with not much of a view but the room itself was very clean with a great comfortable bed. Living in New York I don’t travel out much but I will be sure to visit this little gem again soon.

• Stayed July 2014

1,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I would highly recommend this hotel. My room was very clean, and the entire staff is super helpful and friendly, especially one Bellman, Michael Neely. I arrived early for a business trip, inquired about a place for lunch, and Michael directed me to a perfect NYC spot to sit outside and enjoy a beautiful day...not to mention a delicious lunch! He is very knowledgable about the city and was able to provide directions to any place I needed to go. I will definitely stay at the Hilton Manhattan East again!

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Service and staff are correct and friendly, the hotel itself is an old boring building with very small rooms.
No value for money, do not stay here when you need a central location.
The online images promise a trendy and modern hotel, what you get is a old fashion worn out place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay at the Hilton Manhattan East several times a year on business because they go out of their way to ensure I have a good experience. The staff is always courteous, prompt, and thorough in everything they do. A great example comes from my most recent stay when I had a problem with my bill. Manager Robert Ibanez personally took care of the issue and patiently answered all my questions, responded to all my e-mail and voice messages, and ensured it was satisfactorily resolved. When you get that kind of service from the top, you know you are going to get similar superior service from the rest of the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to New York on business or holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing E. 42nd Street have the best views.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Manhattan East, room was well kept, the property is clean, and the Front staff was some of the best I've experienced. Especially Kevin, Tess and Christina. The restaurants and bar had a nice atmosphere. Fitness center was small and no pool area I read the reviews before coming and my experience was similar to the reviews. This hotel is not the W, but the price was decently low. Robert Ibanez the manager emailed me back and forth before I arrived to make my stay feel important. Harris another manager also provided great service with a friendly attitude. Would definitely stay again !!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff were very kind and helpful, especially one of the servers at the restraunt, Pablo, who was attentive and freindly every day and went out of his way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. The concierge was definitely very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and was able to give us directions to every place we asked about. We recieved complimentary breakfast buffet tickets for each morning we stayed, the food is the same every day, but it had great variety and quality and never failed to satisfy. Unfortunately, there were no soda machines in the hotel, and no mini fridges in the room, which was a bit inconvenient, but they do have ice machines. The hotel rooms do have internet acess, but it is not free and not wireless. The location of the hotel was honestly quite amazing, as it is so close to many major attractions that we were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go, including grand central station, the rockefeller plaza, and times square. The room we had was very, very small, but apparently all hotel rooms in the heart of the city are like that, and if you are looking for a bigger more extravagant room at a decent price, it is best to look somewhere furthur away from the center of the city (but then you cannot walk to most attractions). Overall, the building itself was just about satisfactory, if not a bit underwhelming, but that is made up for in the great location, amazing staff and great food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

On trips to NYC in recent years, I have avoided this hotel because the tripadvisor rating among NYC hotels was not very high, particularly for a Hilton Hotel. I sometimes have business meetings right across the street too. Well, from now on, I will strongly consider staying at the Hilton Manhattan East. It's not a perfect hotel by any means, but it gets a strong five star rating from me. Here's why:

First, customer service is valued here. Everyone from front desk to bartender to breakfast servers to bellman were courteous, professional and seemingly happy at work. Second, the hotel location is great, just on the northern end of Murray Hill in the Tudor Village area within walking distance of Grand Central but also in the fun 2nd avenue area between 40th and 44th streets where there are many good restaurant options. It's not a crazy as the area directly west.

Third, the hotel is quaint and charming. Sure the hallways are narrow and the rooms a little on the small side, but my king bed room had a nice size bathroom and plenty of room. Lighting was good and the air conditioning was rather quiet for an older property. I like the little room features like plenty of shelf space in the bathroom, good lighting, a functional desk and sufficient plugs for electronics. Fourth, the bed was comfortable and the ample pillows were perfect. Fifth, the breakfast buffet was better the expected. It wasn't great, but fruit was fresh, bakery goods freshly made, and the coffee and juice were plentiful.

Lastly, the price was right. I got a nice room for less than $200 per night in New York City! Lots of European families seem to have discovered this place. I got more than my money's worth. That's a 5 star stay for me.

Room Tip: It's an older hotel with different shaped rooms. I stayed in a lower floor (417, 517, 617) and i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear CraigsWorld,

I want to personally thank you for one of the best reviews we have ever received. At our property we strive to hit all levels in terms of service and pricing for our guests. It was great to read we were able to provide you with an amazing experience. We hope in the future you always stop by and stay with us and we show you an even higher level of consistency.

Best Regards,

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!