“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

Save Saved
You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #203 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was greeted even before I arrived at this hotel...the day before I received a welcome email from the hotel manager asking me to let him know how he could help make my stay better. I was surprised in a good way that he reached out and went the extra distance...then I realized I needed help organizing an appointment to get my hair blown out for my day of business meetings because I am not familiar with any salons in this area. I emailed him back asking for help and not too long thereafter the concierge had booked me in at a local salon at the desired time. It really took that small concern off my plate and it was a relief to have the help.
The hotel itself is nice enough but I am not fond of the new light control panels for the room...they removed the light switch from the bathroom which is confusing in the middle of the night, especially if you forget where you are during a sleepy moment.
Otherwise I enjoyed a very restful sleep.
Thank you!

Stayed July 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear HealtyFoodPlease,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. Our building is a bit old so some of the electrical work isn't as modern as other properties. However with team members like Robert at the helm we pride ourselves on having amazing service provided to all of our guests. We hope in the future you choose to stay with us once again.

Best Regards,

Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
LaPlata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been staying at this Hotel for business because it's location is convenient to the office.
The rooms are very comfortable and the Staf is very friendly. The front desk even provides complimentary bottled water. I would like to give a special acknowledgement to Dennis who is always very courteous, greeting everyone with a smile while opening doors, hailing cabs and taking good care of our luggage. I highly reccomend this hotel for business and pleasure!
My only suggestion would be they add ice machines to the North Tower.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the North Tower because they have a better view. However the ice machines are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Linda W,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of our property. It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and especially being taken care of by Dennis. He really does his best to take care of all of our guests. We hope to see you with us again in the near future.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last weekend we needed a place to stay in NY-we decided to stay over at the last minute. I checked prices in midtown and this hotel caught my eye-why? Because I noticed the previous good reviews and the fact that the managers, namely, Robert Ibanez were present and commenting on trip advisor. I'm a travel agent, and this is important to me for my own hotel stays and for when I'm booking clients. When managers take the time to read the reviews and comment-you know the property is closely monitored. I contacted Mr. Ibanez and he responded immediately and took care of our needs. This is an older and charming property, the staff is great and our room was fantastic. I loved the location on the east side. it was close to Grand Central, the Chrysler Building, where we had a great dinner at the Capital Grill, and just an overall lovely, quiet area. I've stayed at other hotels on the west side but I'll come back to this hotel many times over. It was clean with a friendly staff, and overall great value.

Room Tip: If you can do a junior suite...go for it. Spacious and cozy with a fantastic bathroom. We had a nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Linda K,

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review. It was a delight to see that Robert was able to take such great care of you. From the moment you two had shared emails he informed our team to make sure we took extra care of you during the stay. It was our pleasure to take your experience and put a personal touch on it. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Enjoyed the entire stay.
Accommodating and helpful in every way. I would stay again next year and plan too .
Close to everything and the hotel has a lot to offer.
Great staff and conference accommodations.
My first visit to New York and it was superb so much more to see. A beautiful city to experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Mindfun,

Thank you for stopping by to review our property. It was a pleasure to host you and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our location is very convenient and always a major selling point. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We paid extra for a Queen junior suite because it was supposed to have extra room, including a sofa bed (I had called the hotel to inquire about room types). The room was surprisingly small for what I expected to be a junior suite and there was no sofa bed. The hotel did apologize and brought up a rollaway bed. The room and hotel in general felt in need of an update and refresh. The bathroom felt old - with outdated toilet (which did not want to flush) and old shower.
However, the staff were friendly and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as possible and apologized for the shortcomings of the room. Because our TV did not work properly, the front desk reduced our hotel rate.
Location was very convenient to the subway and Grand Central station.
As a Hilton Gold, the excellent breakfast was complimentary in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dreese1,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It certainly seems we just did not meet your expectations from when you first booked. For that I want to sincerely apologize. Your stay I do want to state however is not a direct representation of the product or the service we provide at the Hilton Manhattan East. We always do our best to keep our guests happy and provide them with rooms that are in tip top shape. I hope in the future you decide to come back and give us another chance to provide you with the 5 star experience you deserve.

Best Regards,

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Definitely recommend this hotel. I was very pleased with my recent weekend stay. The staff in general was terrific - warm and friendly. Especially Tess and Kevin at the front desk! They were both so helpful, and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. Tess is super knowledgeable and even upgraded us to a balcony room, and added bonus! Thanks Tess! I general, the room and premises were great - clean and comfortable.

The location of this hotel was terrific, just a stone through from the quaint, charming atmosphere of Tudor City, yet also a minutes walk to Grand Central Station - a major subway hub.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa M,

I wanted to thank you for providing us with your great 5 star review. It is always a delight to see Kevin and Tess mentioned in comments as they always work hard to take care of every guest. We were glad you were able to utilize our prime location well and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently stayed for the weekend to enjoy a weekend getaway in manhattan. The hotel room was ok but the gentleman at the front desk was excellent. I believe his name was Kevin. Very knowledgable about the area and very helpful. Great staff in general. Would definitely come again.

Stayed July 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Kuli113,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am thrilled to see that Kevin was able to take such great care of you. He truly is one of our all stars at the Front Desk always making sure our guests are given the highest level of service. We hope on your next visit you choose to stay with us again.

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!