I was greeted even before I arrived at this hotel...the day before I received a welcome email from the hotel manager asking me to let him know how he could help make my stay better. I was surprised in a good way that he reached out and went the extra distance...then I realized I needed help organizing an appointment to get my hair blown out for my day of business meetings because I am not familiar with any salons in this area. I emailed him back asking for help and not too long thereafter the concierge had booked me in at a local salon at the desired time. It really took that small concern off my plate and it was a relief to have the help.
The hotel itself is nice enough but I am not fond of the new light control panels for the room...they removed the light switch from the bathroom which is confusing in the middle of the night, especially if you forget where you are during a sleepy moment.
Otherwise I enjoyed a very restful sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City