“Great hotel, wonderful conference.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
NYC Weekend Getaway!
Ranked #222 of 464 Hotels in New York City
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Great hotel, wonderful conference.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the entire stay.
Accommodating and helpful in every way. I would stay again next year and plan too .
Close to everything and the hotel has a lot to offer.
Great staff and conference accommodations.
My first visit to New York and it was superb so much more to see. A beautiful city to experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Mindfun,

Thank you for stopping by to review our property. It was a pleasure to host you and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our location is very convenient and always a major selling point. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We paid extra for a Queen junior suite because it was supposed to have extra room, including a sofa bed (I had called the hotel to inquire about room types). The room was surprisingly small for what I expected to be a junior suite and there was no sofa bed. The hotel did apologize and brought up a rollaway bed. The room and hotel in general felt in need of an update and refresh. The bathroom felt old - with outdated toilet (which did not want to flush) and old shower.
However, the staff were friendly and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as possible and apologized for the shortcomings of the room. Because our TV did not work properly, the front desk reduced our hotel rate.
Location was very convenient to the subway and Grand Central station.
As a Hilton Gold, the excellent breakfast was complimentary in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dreese1,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It certainly seems we just did not meet your expectations from when you first booked. For that I want to sincerely apologize. Your stay I do want to state however is not a direct representation of the product or the service we provide at the Hilton Manhattan East. We always do our best to keep our guests happy and provide them with rooms that are in tip top shape. I hope in the future you decide to come back and give us another chance to provide you with the 5 star experience you deserve.

Best Regards,

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Definitely recommend this hotel. I was very pleased with my recent weekend stay. The staff in general was terrific - warm and friendly. Especially Tess and Kevin at the front desk! They were both so helpful, and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. Tess is super knowledgeable and even upgraded us to a balcony room, and added bonus! Thanks Tess! I general, the room and premises were great - clean and comfortable.

The location of this hotel was terrific, just a stone through from the quaint, charming atmosphere of Tudor City, yet also a minutes walk to Grand Central Station - a major subway hub.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa M,

I wanted to thank you for providing us with your great 5 star review. It is always a delight to see Kevin and Tess mentioned in comments as they always work hard to take care of every guest. We were glad you were able to utilize our prime location well and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently stayed for the weekend to enjoy a weekend getaway in manhattan. The hotel room was ok but the gentleman at the front desk was excellent. I believe his name was Kevin. Very knowledgable about the area and very helpful. Great staff in general. Would definitely come again.

Stayed July 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Kuli113,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am thrilled to see that Kevin was able to take such great care of you. He truly is one of our all stars at the Front Desk always making sure our guests are given the highest level of service. We hope on your next visit you choose to stay with us again.

Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quiet and a good choice for a business trip. The service was warm and friendly. Some of the rooms are older and have a dated decor. Make sure you ask for a room that has been recently renovated. The desk clerk offered an upgrade, but I declined because the room was not ready and I needed to get to an appointment.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Rumbera1967,

It was a delight to have you stop by with us and send in a review of our property. It was great to read how much you enjoyed our hotel and the staff. We certainly aim to do our best to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable during their stay with us. We do consistently keep up with any rooms that have gone through some wear and tear to keep a great product for our guests. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here many times, location is wonderful, staff is outstanding and delightful. Regular rooms are typical New York, small, but very clean. If you can treat yourself to a suite, roomy, great amenities and worth the extra money. I stay with Hilton a lot so my stay includes a breakfast, the only option is a buffet and it was tasteless, if I had to pay for the breakfast I would have gone elsewhere. Used to be that you could get eggs cooked to order instead of the scrambled buffet but I was told the kitchen was have problems and could not do that, but then how did they cook the scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast and potatoes that were on the buffet. Bar closes at 11pm, pretty early for NYC. Food is not a deal breaker, this is a fine hotel with an outstanding staff and they all work hard at making your stay pleasant and seem to really care.

Room Tip: Suites are very comfy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary D,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was great to read how much you enjoy this property and are still willing to stay with us in the future. I certainly will be reviewing this information you provided with the Food and Beverage team to find out what we can do to make this area better. We have a great team here and we want all outlets to be amazing for our guests.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel is at the great location, Room has amazing view and nice balcony. Only issue with the room was the water pressure for the shower but this is pretty minor.

WiFi was not free at the rooms and pretty expensive. Even business center was charging for paper, etc. I have traveled fair amounts and this was one of the few hotels that WiFi or basic printing, etc was chargeable. Haven't said that WiFi was free at the lobby.

Service was very average: last day after I checked out I realized that there was a coupon that they happily gave me which enabled me even using WiFi at my room free of charge! I asked for shuttle bus and I was told by concierge that he will call me. It was almost 20 mins late after I followed up with him. Overall not a service I expected from Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kamisn,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. It does seem like we were not able to meet all of your expectations and deliver you the service we normally aim to provide. It was nice to read you had one of our balcony rooms as they are a true treasure to have in the city. In NYC wifi charges are still the standard in majority hotels and we keep the pricing competitive with the other properties. I believe that we can truly make your next stay with us a better one worthy of a 5 star experience. Should you choose to join us again please feel free to contact me at PSchwartz@tpghospitality.com

Yours in Hospitality,

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!