“Room with no view...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

Save Saved
You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #230 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Room with no view...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in March on a business trip. On check-in I was told I had been upgraded to a suite and it was one of a handful of rooms that had a view. The suite part of the statement was spot-on, the room was spacious with a king sized bed and a seating area. There was no view - not a problem as I hadn't been expecting one but don't build up my hopes!

Wifi in the bar area was excellent but it wasn't accessible in my room. The bar and restaurant areas were nicely decorated and very modern.

Staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Gourmet_Tastic,

We thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our property. We are glad to see you had an overall good stay and were able to have positive interaction with our friendly staff. Our suites are certainly spacious and our wifi connectivity we are currently in the beginning stages to get this more efficient in all of our guest rooms. As for your view we do have partial views of the river, UN, and 42nd St however the large buildings around us do obstruct us from having a direct view of the city. We hope on your next visit you choose to stay with us once again.

1,097 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
Shipston-on-Stour,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel was clean and the service very efficient. We were especially impressed with the transport to and from Newark Airport. Best of all, however, is the location! From here you can reach so much of the City. We found the breakfast too expensive at $27, so went somewhere else, which wasn't difficult as there are plenty of 'foody-places' nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Gudrun B,

Thank you for stopping in and sending in a review of our property. We are glad to see you were able to enjoy our property and loved our location. We are very close to many different attractions as you stated. As for our breakfast we do offer a variety of options and not just our full buffet breakfast at $27. There is also a la carte options as well as a continental breakfast that is reasonably priced. We hope in the near future you decide to stay with us again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very welcoming staff. Especially appreciate Pablo (breakfast) and Jose (bartender) and Kevin (front desk) and Mike (bellman) - friendly and fast! Good location in midtown. Not cookie cutter hotel - rooms are unique and full of character.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ellen807,

Thank you for stopping by to review our property. We are thrilled that you were able to meet different members of our team and have them all impact you during your stay. They were all very happy to see you recognized them on this forum. If you were to ever stay with us again we would hope you choose to stay with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is located in a great mid-town location and is within walking distance to Grand Central Station and numerous restaurants. I felt welcomed by everyone as soon as I arrived and my junior suite provided a great nights rest after a long day in the city. I would also recommend the restaurant on site for breakfast or dinner - good food at reasonable prices and a very attentive staff that were informative and extremely friendly.

I am pleased to say my entire stay exceeded my expectations from the room accommodations to the high levels of service. A job well done and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Amy O,

Thank you for stopping by and reviewing our property. It was a pleasure to see you were able to not only enjoy our location but all of the outlets on property. I believe we do have a hidden gem in our restaurant that some guests seem to overlook but once you try it out, it is difficult to not come back. We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

From start to finish this hotel bent over backwards to please. Took my daughter here for her 18th. Gifts were sent to the room which was upgraded on arrival. Check in and out speedy. Denis at the front door always had a smile. I would like to thank everyone at the hilton for a great experience and will definitely stay here again. Thanks again to everybody.

• Stayed May 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Julie F,

We were all very excited from the moment you emailed me stating you were going to be staying with us. This site offers the best way for the hotel and traveler to be in communication and make sure a perfect stay occurs. The gifts for your daughter on her birthday were our pleasure and we hope anytime in the future you choose to stay with us.

Milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had a great experience thank to all the staff members and bellman!!!!! The restaurant was absolutely amazing!!!!! Keep up the great work and I look forward to staying with you again on my next trip!!!!!! :))))

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lynn A,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to see our service team was there to make your stay a memorable one. On any future visits please feel free to contact us for any of your reservation needs.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a typical old-school Hilton. All feels very old, breakfast was not very good, the rooms had the basics all wrong (no accessible power plugs, unreliable wifi, no empty glasses, no minibar, no water bottles) and the rest of the facilities also not very pleasant (long waiting lines at the small reception, very small fitness area with difficult to operate equipement). Looking at price / quality, I was not very impressed and I found it a bit out of balance. Best part of the hotel is the location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Eric d,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and providing your detailed review. I am shocked to see that after all this time you choose now as the time to review our property as a lot can change in 8 months time. I can tell you that we have a new management team and have started to make great strides in restoring this property to how great is used to be. There are new and exciting projects for the hotel to improve its overall product and service and I hope in the future you would decide to return so that we can show you them. You can reach me at my email at PSchwartz@tpghospitality.com for any inquiries. We are certainly more than just a hotel with a good location and it would be my pleasure to change that perception for you.

Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!