“Great hotel, Great price, Exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Manhattan East

You added Hilton Manhattan East to your Saves list
Hilton Manhattan East
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 E. 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly Tudor Hotel New York) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #206 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Valencia, Spain
“Great hotel, Great price, Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We just finished 4 days in Manhattan with the family and I just can say that this a great option. Closed to the center, good prices and exceptional professionals. I have to make special remarks from Robert Ibanez and Jose Ramirez. These 2 professionals among others make Hilton a great choice for business and personal trips.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
On behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your compliments and loyalty to our hotel. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations while staying with us. We look forward to your next stay. Yours in Hospitality, Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great stay nice room, no bed bugs! Close to broadway and everything else. Nice prices, we parked car for $20 a day and took subway. Best site to see was Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. Went to see wicked and it was marvelous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid remarks about our property. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you soon. Yours in Hospitality Paul Schwartz
Morrison, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels ... and a lot of Hiltons. This hotel is one of my favorites - the staff is always spot-on ... Jose and Dale in the bar - Balal and Pablo at Breakfast - Dennis, Mike, Chris, Tony at the valet/bellhop stand - and one of the best front desk staffs in the city with special thanks to Cynthia and Tess ... when I come to NYC and cannot get into this hotel - I feel like I am lost - I cannot stay in my home away from home. Love this place ... and great location on the East Side near the UN.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful - though some are a bit small ;-)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your recommendation and the kind comments about our location, our staff and the service they provided during your stay. We hope to see you again for your next visit to New York. Yours in Hospitality, Paul Schwartz
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a few lovely stays at this hotel. The rooms are a great size for a New York hotel. And all decorated very well. The showers are great and the beds really comfy. Location is first rate, far enough from the madding crowd to be quiet, but minutes walk to the hustle of times sq. the thing that makes this place, is the staff. All of the front desk, and bell stand, without exception are friendly and helpful. Dealt a few times with Tess on the front desk. A lovely lady and asset to this hotel. Overall 10/10. Thanks Hilton.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a great review. Your opinion really matters and were glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Our staff ensures each guest is welcomed and accommodated accordingly. We hope to see you soon, yours in Hospitality, Paul Schwartz
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is my preferred hotel when I travel to NYC for business. As a Hilton Honors VIP I like the benefits the hotel provides. The staff are always very attentive, especially the morning restaurant staff, Pablo and Balal. The Hotel is an older one so the rooms sometimes are a bit small but it can also encourage you to get out and see the city more during your stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton Manhattan East, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your designated NYC hotel. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Paul Schwartz
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my first stay at the Hilton Manhattan East in NYC. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I have stayed in several Hilton hotels, and my stay here was one of the best I have experienced. Upon check-in, I had showed up an hour or so before our scheduled check in time. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and was able to accommodate me immediately by working to find an available room like the one I had booked.

The location was able to meet everything that I need during my stay in NYC. The front desk was helpful in suggesting places to eat as well. My favorite, was breakfast at Pershing Square, located a quick 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Overall - the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the location was perfect for my stay. I feel comfortable saying that I will be coming back to the Hilton Manhattan East in NYC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your mention of our convenient location and the quality of service provided by our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Paul Schwartz
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I had plans with friends and needed a convenient hotel for the night. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were not familiar with the area and they were able to recommend restaurants that were perfect for what we were looking for. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The coolest part? The light switch next to the bed turns all lights on or off! (Even the ones in the bathroom) We really enjoyed our stay, and can not wait to return again!

Room Tip: The junior suite was a great size for the two of us with our luggage and getting ready at the same t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a candid review. Your comments really mean a lot to us and we can’t wait to have you stay with us again. We pride ourselves in our service and were glad you see it that way. Yours in Hospitality, Paul Schwartz

Been to Hilton Manhattan East? Share your experiences!