I stayed in Room 714 this weekend and it was perfectly adequate for me, with large luggage on the floor I had space to move around. If you want a street view (or any view) however this room is not for you.
The room itself did have a musty odour for whatever reason, perhaps from the carpet. Despite this it was clean. I will say that on my last day, around 11 am Sunday guests had no hot water. I wasn't affected by this as I had an early shower. I also have no idea whether this was rectified as I checked out at 12. For the cost per night I do think the hotel needs renovating. The socket on the right side of the bed is loose not only does it not work very well it's a health and safety suit waiting to happen, in hindsight I should have complained.
Overall I enjoyed my stay because I wasn't bothered by staff. Thanks to whom I believe was the floor manager who greeted me so politely.
I didn't eat here so have no idea about the food.
I'm returning next year with guests for a longer stay in NY whether I'd return to this location is questionable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City