For a luxury and historical hotel, the service does not stand up. I pulled my car up to the front, looking for the valet, and no one was present. I had to park and walk in to find someone to take my car. No one offered to help with the luggage. No one was ever out front to help with a taxi or open the door, etc. (yet there was supposedly a doorman and a bellman?)
As for the room: it was small, but fine. The bathroom ceiling, however, looked like it was going to fall open. It looked wet and moldy - quite gross. I don't know where this multimillion dollar renovation took place...could've fooled me.
For the price, I wouldn't return. I'd rather save my Hilton points for the Waldorf-Astoria or something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City