Stayed for two nights in a king bedded suite which I booked on the Hilton website. I was disappointed to see scaffolding out the windows of the sitting room of my suite and equally dismayed when the work commenced each morning with a constant drilling sound. (Note: the room was quiet at night). Apparently they are re-pointing the exterior brick work. This is not indicated on the hotel website. I called and spoke to the duty manager, Ethan. He refunded my internet and $20/day upgrade (from queen to king). The point remains that they should indicate that there is building work going on or at the very least, advise on check in.
Secondly, the landing page for Hilton indicates that this hotel has recently been renovated. Perhaps the lobby has, but certainly not the rooms.
Housekeeping notes: HVAC filter in bedroom very dirty and needs to be changed. Heater in bathroom chock full of dust. Ceiling in bathroom needs to be repaired. Otherwise, very clean throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City