I stayed at this hotel on the Friday and Saturday of the week that Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast. The hotel was booked solid yet you would not have known this by the ythe hotel was so well run. The staff was unflapable and very friendly; the service was excellent.
The hotel itself has a cozy feeling about it while having a Hilton feel, too.
The hotel is at 42nd and 2nd and is "next door" to the City. It is within walking distance of the United Nations. There are lots of interesting restaurants and pubs nearby. I walked down 2nd Avenue around 7 p.m. on a Saturday evening and felt safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City