“great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beacon

You added Hotel Beacon to your Saves list
Hotel Beacon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2130 Broadway at 75th Street, New York City, NY 10023 (Upper West Side)   |
Ranked #29 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Masterton, New Zealand
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Great hotel,friendly staff great location,clean and tidy,would recomend to anyone who wants a good hotel at a reasonable rate

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed at the Beacon last summer while renovations were underway. They are completed and the rooms are really wonderful. I stayed in a King Suite with two flat screen TVs, marble bath, great kitchenette and it was quiet. I found the staff to be very helpful as well. This is where I will stay when I come to New York!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We had a 1 bedroom suite with living room. For NYC the price was great, had a micrwave and plates, refrigerator. The beds were quite comfortable. Living room area was quite large. The Fairway is right across the street - super convenivent.

I mentioned to the front desk my toothpaste had disappeared at the airport - they had an amenity kit. Good experience - and great price really for Manhattan. I think we paid like $205 plus tax.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We were in NY for the NYC Triathlon and had our bikes and race gear. At check in the gentleman was very polite and welcoming, and as he handed me our key said, I think this room will accommodate all of your stuff. We had booked a Queen Studio and when we got upstairs realized that he upgraded us to a King Room with a Kitchenette. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the TV worked fine.

The location of the hotel on the upper west side is perfect, close to Central Park, Riverside Park and tons of restaurants and cafes nearby. The 72nd St. Subway station is only a couple of block walk. The neighborhood is very safe (it is a city so use common sense) we were out at all different times of the day and night and never felt uncomfortable walking anywhere.

As we were racing on Sunday morning, our checkout day, I asked for a late checkout which they accommodated no problem. When we are back in NYC I would stay there again in a heartbeat! I can't say enough about what a pleasant surprise the hotel its staff were. I have stayed at a lot of pricier and fancier hotels that weren't as accommodating and clean as the Beacon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

I stayed in June for 5 nights with my mum and two brothers for my mum's 60th birthday. We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for us. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Each of the bedrooms had its own bathroom which is essential when there are 4 people to get out each morning. The living room and kitchenette were comfortable. We used the kitchen every morning to make breakfast and also used it one evening to cook dinner. It was fine even if the toaster did set of the smoke alarm everytime!

The location is perfect - easy to get everywhere but without the hassle of being in Times Square which looked like a nightmare. Lots of lovely resturants and bars nearby. There also supermarkets across the road if you want to cook or pick up a snack.

Its not a cheap hotel, in fact its pretty expensive but New York is an expensive place. That said, I would definately stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

When you stay here, you'll rethink your conceptions of NYC hotel rooms (usu. small and narrow). We were expecting a limited amount of space for my wife, myself, baby and the grandparents, but this was a wide open very recently renovated suite.
The neighborhood market, deli * restaurant offerings on this part of Broadway on the UWS were awesome. (Check out FAIRWAY Market across the street-what a place!)
We would highly recommend it to you with or without the family in tow!! The

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Nice clean, light rooms with refrigirator, coffee machine and small stow
Good service
Laundry room
Shuttle bus to airport (prepay/order before departure)
Near Subway, restaurants and Central Park
No breakfast (can go to restaurant round the corner)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Beacon? Share your experiences!