“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beacon

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beacon to your Saves list
Hotel Beacon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2130 Broadway at 75th Street, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #23 of 452 hotels in New York City
Watford, United Kingdom
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visited a couple of years ago with a boyfriend and his parents. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with two double beds, a pull out sofa bed in th living room.

The room had a brilliant kitchenette and a lovely bathroom. We didn't eat in the hotel, we used our kitchen for breakfast and ate out the rest of the time. There is a massive grocery over the road where you can get everything you might need.

The living room view looked out towards the Hudson but you could only see parts of it through the other buildings. If you got into the right position you could just look downtown and see the larger buildings.

There are some good shops the further north you walk up Broadway. There are museums a couple of streets east towards Central Park, nothing is very far away.

An alround great stay, I would recommend a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2,097 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent hotel located near the Central Park. Attentive staff, comfortable room for 2 adults and one baby. We asked a crib that was placed in our room beside our bed. The small kitchen offers few utensils for cooking, but it helps to prepare some simple meals. In front of the hotel there is a huge market that offers many varieties of prepared foods, organic baby food, etc. There are several restaurants, pharmacies and shops near the hotel. The metro is very close.
This is a good hotel for families traveling with kids, because of the facility for a crib in the room, the proximity of Children`s Museum (amazing!), The Natural History Museum and the Central Park, which is the best place to go with kids in New York .

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevators.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Visiting from the UK for the first time, we booked one of their suites so we had four beds for the family group.

it worked really well, is not far from the centre of things, near the subway, across the road from a supermarket to stock up on drinks etc and loads of restaurants, as well as being only a short walk from Central Park and the Hudson River park, and one of the hop-on, hop-off bus tours (we used the Gray-line one and were happy with it).

Free wi-fi was welcomed, especiallyas so many chains still feel the need to charge for it!

It worked out well for us as did the price, so that 4 of us could share a suite rather thanneeding 2 separate rooms. I'd booked direct with the hotelby email and phoned them to amend the booking; all without any problems whatsoever and payment made at the end of the stay.

Very happy to recommend it.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed in Beacon Hotel New York for three nights and we had an amazing stay. The Bell boy service at check in was very attentive as was the front desk, both were very nice and provided an excellent service.

I would like to specially thank to Dawn in Reservations who assisted me all the time and was great, Thank you very much for the wonderful and beautiful room you gave us!!

We went to the bar in the Hotel and the service there was great too!!

Front desk and bell boy during the check out were not as good as the check in.

Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I wanted to rate this property as "good", but only very good was available. It's definitely better and just average.

What wasn't so great: I know...NY is full of tiny hotel rooms. But this was the smallest I've ever been in. Maybe because it was a corner room. I couldn't walk around the bed to get to the window - not enough room. It was cramped when two of us were in the room together with 2 suitcases and a carry-on.

About the energy saving power switches: I get it. Hey, I work for a renewable energy company so I'm all about saving the world's resources too. But being mandated to have my room key in a slot on the wall in order to power the room was a little...much. Would have been good to offer guests the ability to keep one outlet powered up without the room key. I needed to charge phones, tablet and a laptop. I didn't want to do all that and be trapped in the room - since I cannot do so without keeping my room key in the slot.

Cable tv access: I had to call maintenance to help me work the cable box. I travel all over the country for work. So, I'm used to more modern TV\cable set ups - 1 button operates everything. The maintenance guy was a little smug. It didn't seem to occur to him that outside of NY, other properties could have a different set up. He wasn't rude, but wasn't that understanding toward me (the guest) either.

Now for the good:

Great location: Only a few blocks to the subway. Bus let me off only a block away. No trouble finding a great supermarket only a block away. And restaurants galore. Also close to many world-renowned landmarks like Lincoln Center.

Friendly staff: very professional and knowledgeable

Housekeeping: very good

Room with a view: I could see the tops of the trees at Central Park!

Room with cooking appliances: I was grateful to have a kitchen, stove, micro and mini-fridge. They also provide flatware and utensils - which is awesome. A way to eat exactly what you want on the trip

Bar\Restaurant: There is a NICE place attached to the property. Please be properly dressed. This is no dive bar. I saw several woman with Chanel purses.

Storage: We were able to store luggage on day of departure since we had an afternoon flight. And the doorman helped hail a cab to the airport so we didn't need to go out and hunt for one.

Overall a good stay. Will definitely ask for the larger rooms other reviewers seem to have stayed in.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are small. Try a different location on the floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Geelong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What we liked most about the Beacon was the location. The kitchen was an enticement to stay here, but we didn't really use it other than to prepare cereal each morning. Our first night was disappointing. Despite requesing a room with a view on a high floor, we were given a room on the 4th floor directly looking at a building across 75th street. It was very dark and gloomy, and thankfully, we were able to move to a higher floor the next day; this time, overlooking Broadway. It was much brighter, though we still missed out on the wonderful views others talk about on this site. Not wanting to move again, we settled into this room and enjoyed our stay very much. Loved looking out over the busy street and watching New Yorkers go about their day. We dined in the neighbourhood - loved Nice Matin on Amsterdam and Cesca, an Italian restaurant which was a discovery on our last night and is located very close by at 164 West 75th Street. Viand Café, which is often recommended, was very ordinary, in our view, although we only had breakfast there. For something a little special, have the fixed price lunch at Nougatine at Jean Jacques, in the Trump Tower at Columbus Circle, it is a good walk or two subway stops from 72nd street.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beacon Hotel is our home away from home in NYC. Spacious one bedroom apartment with full kitchen, wonderful deli and fruit shops opposite and wine store next door. Subway close to the door and upper west side restaurants and bars around us. Bliss! we spent 8 nights here and loved every day. Whether we were eating in or eating out every night was great.comfortable, spacious and well appointed apartment. This is definitely our "go to" place to stay in NYC.

Room Tip: A one bedroom suite with kitchen makes it a home away from home.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beacon? Share your experiences!