“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beacon

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beacon to your Saves list
Hotel Beacon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2130 Broadway at 75th Street, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #23 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Not visiting New York before I wasn't sure what to expect apart from tiny hotel rooms, so we were very pleasantly surprised to find our room had two queen sized beds and probably room for another as well as a small Kitchenette and reasonable sized bath room. The room was great and considering we were next to the lift it was reasonably quiet. The location is very good for people who want to stay away from the crowds and has great access to the subway and Central Park. The bathroom is tired and needs up dating but wouldn't stop me from staying there again on a future visit. The bar is a lovely addition very modern and stylish but a bit one pricy side. Would stay again

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was really impressed by Hotel Beacon. Unlike the other hotel I stayed at in New York, the hotel and rooms actually look better in reality than they do on the website.

The location is great - wonderful shops, restaurants and subway nearby. The hotel is professionally run - staff are well-presented, friendly and attentive to their guests. The foyer, lifts and rooms are bright, light and immaculately clean. The lifts are fast. The windows are double-glazed to block out noise. Free WiFi is available in every room and free internet access and printing in a little room off the lobby.

The kitchenette in the room is tiny but stocked with all the utensils you need to make breakfast or a snack.

On my third night a family with noisy children arrived at about 2am and proceeded to whine, scream and run up and down the corridor for the next 4 hours. I asked for a room change the next morning and was offered one immediately and a porter arrived to help me to move.

Both my rooms faced Broadway and I loved the view of the buildings, rooftops and, in the higher room, the Hudson river.

This is where I will stay on my next visit to New York.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Second time to the Hotel Beacon. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Lots of space and facilities and very comfy beds. Great location, close to subway, central park, and for shopping, has a great Fairway market opposite and clothes shopping at Loehmanns and Century 21 . Time Square can be reached on the subway within 5 minutes on the express line. Great restaurant next door and some smalls bars and cafes a few blocks away. The reception staff were very welcoming and lovely housekeeping staff. Overall a wonderful stay. Feels like my home in New York and I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff treated me appallingly I was really outraged that people could be so rude. I do not think that it is too much to ask that people treat others like a human being. I just wish people would learn that social skills and customer service is so essential to running a successful business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel Beacon is a mid-priced hotel on the Upper West Side. The location is superb, being close to two subway stops, across the street from a market and close to nice restaurants and other stores. We had a suite with a kitchen, which was very convenient traveling with the family. This is an older hotel, but it is clean and comfortable, and the staff is very accommodating. I would book here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in New York for four days and the location of the Beacon was one if the reasons we picked this hotel. It is close to the subway and Cenral Park. Lots of restaurants nearby. We loved the kitchenette in the room and a grocery store is right across the street. The room was spacious and comfortable. I had two complaints - I requested a room with a view four months prior to the trip, our room on check in looked over the roof of the adjacent building and we only saw the wall of the building next door. We also experienced a large live cockroach in our room to our horror. Housekeeping came up and took care of it promptly. I asked if we could change rooms but was not allowed to.However when checking out, I remarked about it again and no offer was made to compensate us for these problems.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 8 nights late June/early July. The kids very happily shared the foldout sofa bed in the living room and we had a very comfortable queen size bed. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. We were on the 21st floor looking east toward Central Park. The small kitchenette was great and we shopped across the road at the Fairways supermarket for fresh food. After long days exploring the city with an 8 and 6 year old, this was so convenient. There is also a laundry on the 5th floor so we were able to do a couple of loads of washing during our stay. Great when you have boys! The hotel is in a great location. We walked to Central Park (3 blocks) and the 72nd St subway station was only 100m away. So easy to catch and very clean and safe. Staff were very attentive and helpful. Would stay here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was happy with the location of our room on the 21st floor facing east.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Beacon? Share your experiences!