“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

You added The Kimberly Hotel to your Saves list
The Kimberly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 East 50th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #101 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
kentucky
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

Loved this hotel! Our apt. suite was more than I could have hoped for. I have made many trips to N.Y. city and stayed in quite a few 4 star hotels. This by far was the best. Every day that I returned to my suite I felt like I was coming home to my own apt. instead of just a plain hotel room. The livingroom combo kitchen was big enough for a small party. The bedroom was bigger than most 4 star hotels with more than enough room as not to feel cramped. Both rooms had windows that took up an entire wall. Great open feeling. The balcony was to die for. It was really nice to be able to have my morning coffee sitting on the balcony and looking up at the sky. The maid service was excellent. Very clean. The resturant is some of the best Italian food I have ever had in New york. I have found my home away from home.

• Liked — the balcony
  • Disliked — i had no complaints with anything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

Suite was very nice and the beds extremely comfortable. Good location within walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Central park etc. We had a nice dinner at Fretto's next door and a good buffet breakfast there too. Doorman was very pleasant and helpful as were the concierges.

Only 2 complaints. Room was noisy from all the air conditioning units on the roof below us. Worst of all was the situation with the lifts. Typically one of them was not working so the other was over used by 29 floors of rooms. On our last day we waited about 30 minutes for the lift to stop on our floor to take our cases etc to check out. Major rehaul of the lifts is sorely needed

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Elevators
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

I was referred to the Kimberley Hotel by a good fiend who said the location was great and the kitchens were a nice addition for snacks, drinks and anything else you could want while staying in a hotel. She was right. The location was awesome. Almost everything you need is within walking distance. You can pick up fresh produce and grocery items 2 blocks away, there is a liquor store across the street from that. Bars, restaurants, shops, everything you can imagine is nearby.
But the best part of our stay was the beds! I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in my life! We had a two bedroom suite with one king bed and one queen and they were both heaven to sleep in.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2007
Liverpool England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

We are a family of 5, 2 adults 3 children. I chose the Kimberly after reading reaviews on trip advisor. This hotel was great. We were all in a suite 1 bedroom. The room was spotless, the conciege staff were fab especially ralph my kids loved him. I found New York over whelming and very busy. the hotel in in a great location.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

One of the nicest hotels we've stayed in. The staff was most accomodating and attentive. The rooms were lovely, the bed was wonderful. We were in town for our daughter's wedding and had booked several rooms. Upon the last check-in there was a slight miscommunication, however it was immediately taken care of. The location was very convenient, yet quiet. We will absolutely return to The Kimberly.

Stayed June 2007
Cape May
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

My sister and I stayed at the Kimberly for one night. It was lovely. The beds in the rooms were ultra comfortable. The rooms are equipped w/ safes and even an room alarm, so I felt very safe. The staff was professional and nice, especially the doorman.

All in all, I was very satisfied with the Kimberly and would stay there again.

(By the way, Jimmy Carter has and continues to stay at the Kimberly when he goes to NYC. Posted at the front desk is a framed letter written by Carter in which he lauds the hotel).

• Liked — The ambiance
  • Disliked — The fact that $8 is charged to access the wireless internet server
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

We stayed here for our 20 anniversary and found the location to be fantastic. We love to walk and were located less then a 20 minute walk from Time Square, Central Park or Grand Central Station and just around the corner from Rockerfeller Center and lots of shoppping. It did not matter the time of day we walked we always felt safe compared to other areas of Manhattan. There were door man at every hotel in this area as well as alot of extra security due to all the diplomats staying in the area. Our Room was 6I and had a large dressing area and bathroom plus sitting area with 2 queen size beds. The beds were very nice with nice cozy feather comforters. The umberllas in the room were a nice touch to bad we didn't take one with us on one of our walks. The concierge was knowledgable and helpful but Rolph the doorman was great recomending little pubs and getting taxi or limos.

• Liked — the safe location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Kimberly Hotel? Share your experiences!