“Wonderful weekend at the Kimberly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

You added The Kimberly Hotel to your Saves list
The Kimberly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 East 50th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #119 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful weekend at the Kimberly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just returned from a three night stay at the Kimberly Hotel in NYC and had a blast. We were upgraded and were able to check in early (we had booked through a third party and they did not book us with the proper number of guests like we asked). The staff was professional as well as knowledgeable. The concierge and bellmen (thanks Kevin) were extremely helpful directing us and offering suggestions. The only complaint is the slow elevators. Overall I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Suite was spacious and gave plenty of privacy. The hotel rooftop lounge was packed every evening w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
kimmie145, General Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Kimberly! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you found our helpful staff and spacious suite accommodating. Thank you for choosing The Kimberly and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Mujo Perezic, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Music to my ears t check in: Sire, you'll be pleased to know we've upgraded you to a suite. A bit annoying to find out that the usual extortionate charge for internet access inr oom applies, so I tried the free internet in lobby. That failed to connect so the concierge provided me with an access code to give me free access throughout the hotel for the rest of my stay :-)
My room at the back was nice and quite. The roof top bar has a great view but even on the 30th floor the other buildings tower above you. The gym was just right too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in your suite at The Kimberly and that you were able to enjoy our in-house gym and stunning Upstairs rooftop lounge. Thank you for choosing The Kimberly and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Arnold, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our visit was for brunch only, and what a brunch it was! The views from the penthouse restaurant were breathtaking. Omelets were made to order, more smoked salmon then anyone could ever eat was offered. The staff was helpful and friendly the lobby was pretty and next time we are in town we will look into staying at the Kimberly.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Upstairs rooftop lounge! It is great to hear that you enjoyed all of the wonderful options that are available for our brunch and the beautiful views from the rooftop. We look forward to having you join us for brunch again soon.

Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel has a friendly staff and the rooms were quite comfortable and larger than most NYC hotel rooms. It was centrally located to 5th avenue and Times Square, but nice to be away from the noise and hustle and bustle of Times Square. It was more quaint and charming than some other NYC hotels, but our beds were comfortable and clean. We would stay there again for the location to most sites. The next door restaurant was great for our first steak dinner in NYC. Although there is a charge for internet in the rooms, there are computers for guests to use near the hotel lobby so we didn't mind the trade off for the more moderate priced rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
kimmie145, General Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you choosing to stay at The Kimberly! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the location to be central during your visit. We look forward to having
the opportunity to serve you again soon.

N.S.W. Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel three times over the last few months. Every time the service was perfect, the staff could not have been more helpful. For us the room with en suite kitchen was perfect the marble bathroom was roomy indeed the whole (apartment) would be bigger than many New York apartments. Our decor was impeccable. We found the bar up on the top floor served gourmet style snacks to go with the drinks and the breathtaking view of New York skyline. The staff in the bar were slick and extremely pleasant, stopping for a chat about our trip on hearing the Aussie accents. Remembering us on our return. The bed was enormous and very comfortable the linens were perfect. Finally the location for us was perfect, with numerous restaurants and bars within easy walking distance plus shopping. Many of the hotel patrons told us they were on return visits which speaks for itself the quality of the Kimberly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
kimmie145, General Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with The Kimberly! It is a pleasure to hear that you
enjoyed your spacious room and were able to take advantage of the Upstairs rooftop lounge. We are so glad to have the opportunity to serve you look forward to seeing you again soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Outstanding service. Most of the bell staff has been in p[lace over 10 years. Always improving. New aquarium is a beauty. Great location. Close to East-West Subway (E) and North-South Subway (6). Elevator wait times are long, but the upper floors are quieter so there is the trade-off. Complimentary access to the nearby New York Health and Racquet Club is a real plus.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter. B, C, D rooms have the view to the Chrysler Bldg. A, B & E can be la...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kimmie145, General Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Kimberly and we are pleased to hear that you
enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient during your visit. We look forward to having
you stay with us again soon.

Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I arrived at The Kimberly on Sunday the 20th 2014 for my honeymoon in NYC. First i want to mention I chose the more expensive room called "Deluxe King" I arrived to find an outdated small room with decor that is miss matched from all time periods, no cohesive look to the entire room. Before getting upto the room I asked the front desk if there were any better rooms to upgrade to even if it meant me paying for it. I was told no that our room was the best they had to offer for our stay. We are here one night so on the way to do some walking around Manhattan I asked the front desk to have the sheets changed due to adult fluids being on them. they advised me they would have it taken care of. we come back to the room and pull back the comforter to find nothing has been changed. Literally we can see the areas on the linens I was concerned with. so I have to call and have the night crew come up once we leave again to change them. We were promised the New York Times for free Monday through Friday. I only received this after complaining on Wednesday morning. so 2 days with out the promised paper. the a/c in the room is not temp controlled so it just runs and runs and no way of telling what temp it is in the room. Sad part is I am stuck in this hotel till Friday. I will have to say. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Tub is not big enough to use as a couple. which is pretty important during your honeymoon. also shower is pathetic very weak stream and not adjustable. Room service is amazing, great food, although they are out of short ribs all the time. location is great for walking tours. they do not offer a complimentary car service which is weird for a luxury hotel. Door men are not helpful when it comes to flagging down a cab, he actually suggested we walk a block to get one ourselves(awesome suggestion to a handicapped man) idiot. The front desk staff seems very helpful. not sure but they just seem to react once they get a complaint. towels very stiff and not soft, closet is ok but for a lengthy stay like we are very small, smaller than the closet I had growing up when I lived in a trailer. I ate at The London NYC last night and they gave me a free car ride back to The Kimberly.....they offer a rooftop dining experience but never have availability, so maybe they should take that off the list of perks for the hotel. I will def be back to see if improvements are made. or to see if they take this criticism to heart and make changes while im here or next trip. Although next time I will make my reservations directly with the hotel instead of through travelocity so I can leave if dissatisfied. btw I notified hotel I was not happy but nothing they can do because i paid through travelocity. are we serious?

Room Tip: umm not sure I asked for the best and this is the worst hotel I have stayed in for the amount of mon...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
kimmie145, Director of Sales at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen The Kimberly for your honeymoon trip. We are very sorry that you are not having a perfect stay with us as it is our goal to always have a satisfied customer.

The room you booked for your honeymoon was our least expensive category. We wish you had advised us prior to your arrival that this was a honeymoon so that we could have made efforts to upgrade you prior to your arrival. Unfortunately this week has been completely sold out so we could not offer any kind of upgrade when you requested it. Because you paid for your hotel directly with a third party, we cannot offer refunds on your payment, but we have made some concessions for your return visit with us.

The New York Times is delivered to our rooms by a company they use and to whom we provide a list of occupied rooms. I have verified and your room was indeed on the list so we will follow up with them to advise of the error and to ensure that this will not happen in the future. Though we do not have tubs that fit two people, we do have larger soaking tubs in our executive guestrooms which we usually recommend for our honeymooners when contacted directly.

Our doormen usually get the best compliments, so I am disappointed that you did not find them helpful. Usually the only time they recommend going half a block to the avenue, is when the wait becomes too long, as the volume of cabs on the avenue is always heavier than that on NYC’s side streets. I double checked and our rooftop has not been closed for private events all week. However, it is a very popular Manhattan spot and is in high demand particularly in the summer months. As a guest of The Kimberly, you have priority and our Concierge will do their very best to squeeze you in at a time that works best, so please do let us know.

We hope that with the change of room we offered that you have managed to feel more comfortable. As we have discussed, we would love to have you return to stay with us, so please contact me directly to book your return visit.

Marcia Skyers-James
Director of Sales & Marketing
The Kimberly Hotel

Been to The Kimberly Hotel? Share your experiences!