“Oh how I loved The Kimberly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

You added The Kimberly Hotel to your Saves list
The Kimberly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 East 50th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #101 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vacaville
“Oh how I loved The Kimberly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After a full week of business travel and let downs with other hotels The Kimberly was just what the doctor ordered. Great check in experience and gorgeous room at a less rate than I paid for a cruddy Sheraton across town. The ameneties were great! Slippers, robe, stocked wet bar, and the sheets where silky smooth. I need to find those frette sheets! The rooftop bar is fantastic with great views. The room service was the only thing lacking. This place made me feel like a million bucks!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Nokomis, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have stay here before and each time it gets better with all the renovations being done. The staff and service is 5 Star and the location is perfect in mid-town close to every thing we needed.
The work being done can be a bit annoying if you are trying to do some office work in your suite during the day and hopefully it will be completed in the near future.
We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at MANY NYC hotels ranging from the Mandarin to the Marriott...I have also lived in Manhattan for 10 years so I know what I am talking about when it comes to NYC. I have NEVER had a better hotel experience anywhere than at the Kimberly Hotel. It is a small European style boutique hotel in probably the best location of Manhattan because of it's quick access to any area of the city. The rooms are GIGANTIC in terms of what you will find in other Manhattan hotels that are even pricier....you get a lot for your money! But...it's really the people/staff that make the hotel so special. The staff is friendly, professional, eager to help, grateful, sweet, and treat every guest as if they were a part of the hotel family. They make you feel safe and because the hotel is so small, they even remember you when you visit multiple times, which gives the hotel a very homey feel. I would like to give special thanks to a few employees that were stellar....Lonny at the front desk, Dzeva and Natasha in housekeeping, Kevin and Jose at the front doors. The only current negative that is a necessary evil for now is the construction being done on the front of the building to reinforce all the room balconies. The work is done on weekdays between 9-5 and is loud and annoying, but they are doing it for the safety of the guests, and once it's over the hotel would have no negatives at all.

• Stayed October 2013
Richmond
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here as it had good reviews and seemed to be a more reasonable option than my normal business haunts - the LondonNYC and the Surrey. Usually i like boutique hotels. Wish I hadn't. First, the hotel is undergoing some sort of external renovation, so it is swathed in scaffolding. I HOPE they are re-doing the lobby, as what is there at present is very tired and faded. Worse, there are two very old and slow elevators and they really can take an absolute age to come. Service when I arrived was, even by NY standards, distinctly unimpressive - "your name?" - no "welcome to our hotel" etc etc. The desk is small and so the line can be long. The concierge, tucked in a desk by the lift, was helpful and nice. The room style is very traditional indeed - too much so for my taste and more than is the norm in Europe nowadays - but it had what was needed, though I didn't think it was exceptional in any sense. Room service was prompt to arrive, but slow to clear. Breakfast on the roof was a peculiarly hit and miss affair. It has a sort of low-rent buffet with other options, and felt rather like they were camping there until something better came along. Very odd. It was nice and sunny but so are lots of places. My room - see below - was akin to a dungeon. It had the type of Aircon that I haven't seen for years, where you lift up a flap on a giant boxed radiator and twiddle a knob. The unit in my bedroom was so noisy I had to turn it off. And they charge for wifi which I think is really, really annoying. Won't stay here again, I think.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor. I should have gone down and insisted on a change, but I was just t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best of the best ,everything is perfect. It is located in a great area. The staff has been there forever and they remember you from Visit to Visit.the rooftop bar is great on summer day for breakfast. Would not stay anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed September 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friend and I spend a week here, and we really loved the room. It was HUGE!
Fine kitchen, big living room, nice but small bathroom (with a tub) and 2 huge, lovely beds in the bedroom.
The bedroom was the best part - we sleept like babies. So comfy beds!
The balkony was nice, but we had a room facing the back of the hotel, so there was no view over the city.
The staff was very friendly and serviceminded.
There is only (free) wifi in the lobby.
We stayed in 15E.

There was some kind of construction work going on, were told by staff + note in the room. This was no problem at all. We usually left the hotel before 9 in the morning (we were on european-time...) :o)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Kimberly Hotel for Labor Day weekend and the staff was some of the most fabulous workers I have ever come across while staying at hotels. Everyone was so nice and always willing to go out of their way for anything we needed. We stayed in a 1BR Luxury suite and it was amazing. The only complaint we have is that the bathroom was a bit on the small side and the water pressure of the showers was very weak. Loved the "Upstairs" rooftop lounge, amazing views! And we loved the sunset cruise that we took on the boat through the NYHRC. And a big thanks to all the doormen at The Kimberly for all their suggestions on dining and for our many questions on directions, you guys were the best! We did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant, Noir at the hotel, but the menu looked outstanding. Maybe next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kimberly Hotel? Share your experiences!