“lovely kimberly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

You added The Kimberly Hotel to your Saves list
The Kimberly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 East 50th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #121 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“lovely kimberly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

What a good surprise,,,,in the heart of Manhattan, an independant middle-sized hotel with bargain prices....we never had so much comfort for so little money....we paid less than 400 dollars for a junior suite with beautiful real heavy furnitures...service is excellent from the doorman to the room service staff, the sleep quality was fantastic and the breakfast awesome...i had to check the bill twice to make sure they had not make a mistake in my favor...I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for excellence and a good bargain.

Room Tip: the 50 th street is quiet enough during the night so do not hesitate to book a street view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We'd passed ;by this hotel on other visits to New York City and thought it looked really nice. Lobby was under construction when we were there. Not so nice. Our room was pretty but there were no chairs in there. If we wanted a glass of wine, or to read - we sat on the bed. I complained at reception and was told that it was one of their "guest rooms". Oh, pardon me, it's a hotel - I thought all the rooms were guest rooms. No, that's Kimberly speak for low end (no chairs)? If I'd known, I wouldn't have booked it. Also, we heard sirens outside all night. I was told there was a police station down the street and that's the reason for the sirens. They were nice enough - though a bit grudging - to change us to a room with chairs and away from the street noise. Actually it was a great upgrade. But, really, "guest rooms"? No chairs? I wouldn't stay there again, in spite of the upgrade, because of the attitude at reception and the "guest room" thing.

Room Tip: Lots of street noise on lower floors due to police station down the street - sirens. Be sure you ge...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kimmie145, Director of Sales at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so sorry that you had this experience. Our guest rooms all have chairs, so I am puzzled as to why there wasn’t one in your room. Granted, our suites provide a lot more seating areas as there is a full living room, so our agent might have misunderstood your needs thinking you meant you did not have a sofa. We would love to have you experience our property again in the way that is described by so many other guests who have chosen to post on TripAdvisor. Kindly contact me directly so that we may arrange your next stay for you.

Again, please accept our apologies as this is not the norm at The Kimberly.

texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I travel to NYC 2 times per month and stay in a lot of different places. This time I stayed at the Kimberly Hotel. I book through Hotwire, so I never know where I am going to stay. However, i can say that my experience at the Kimberly was atrocious. As my title states the walls were so thin I could hear every word of the conversation in the next room. Because I booked through Hotwire, they put me in a terrible room...this has only happened to me twice in over 25 bookings...so beware. If you have the opportunity to stay elsewhere, please do..this is not a 4 star hotel...I would give it 3.5 stars.

Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to learn that you had this experience with us. We really have never had such a complaint before, so I am at a loss as to what might have happened. Please accept our most sincere apologies and give us another opportunity to welcome you back in true Kimberly style. Please feel free to contact me directly so we may make your next visit a memorable one.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Entire staff is efficient, courteous and knowledgable. Overall EXCELLENT! Hotel is a convient location for shopping, site seeing and dining. Hotel penthouse for breakfast, brunch, dinner or cocktails is favorably priced and has a spectacular 180 degree view of the city. Rooms are clean, large, well appointed and the beds are comfortable. We had stayed here before and will come back again and again. Charles, the manager is exceptional! He made our stay pleasurable. Again, THANK YOU to the entire staff!!

Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

From the moment you arrive at the hotel, you are welcomed by a professional and friendly staff. The rooms are very large by New York standards, gorgeous beds and decor throughout. The bath is well appointed and good towels. Rooftop restaurant is good for breakfast and cocktails. New restuarant Noir, you must dine here. This will be my favorite New York hotel forever.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor facing east for quiet. Rooms facing West have views of the Chrysler...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kimmie145, Director of Sales at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us here at The Kimberly!!
We are absolutely delighted that you had such a great experience with us and the fact that you said "This will be my favorite New York hotel forever" has simply made our day!! :)

Looking forward to welcoming you back so please come and visit us again soon.

leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend in New York I would recommend this hotel the bedrooms/ suites were very large and comfortable the beds are huge and the facilities in the rooms are first class.The view from our balcony was excellent. i went with a group of 7 people we had 3 suites and each suite was very clean and comfortable with its own kitchenette and even an electric bed and a tv in the loo/shower room!

The Staff are very friendly especially the doormen.

The Kimberly is very central and within walking distance to Time Square.

This hotel is a must to visit.

Room Tip: room 23 d, e and f excellent
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you having chosen to stay with us and are thrilled to know that we left such a positive impression on you and your group.
We are proud to say that our doormen are amazing and they are always a guest favourite!

Thank you so much for the great feedback and do come back and stay with us again!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just wanted to take a moment to say that was stay at The Kimberly was excellent. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and we loved the size of the rooms. I would definitely return again to enjoy this top notch hotel. Also a great location for getting around Manhattan. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. By the way my wife's name is Kimberly so she got a free robe, she really loved that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Kimberly Hotel? Share your experiences!