“Predictable but good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bamboleo

Bamboleo
170 Bleecker St, New York City, NY 10012 (Greenwich Village)
(212) 253-8226
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
San German
“Predictable but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stopped here for the lunch special. Had the grilled chicken burrito with Corona Light. The burrito was huge, tasty and filling, exactly what one expects from a burrito. Don't expect something out of the ordinary, just good food. A good choice for those who cannot decide from hundred or more restaurant choices in the Village.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City
“Horrible horrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Summary: Bad place. Stay away.

Read my other reviews and you'll know I give places a fair shake. But I immediately knew this place missed any target by a longshot. The basic chips and salsa are pricey w/no refills and the entrees are mediocre at best. The pork burrito I had was passable but it took a "Where's Waldo" excursion to find the meat. The margaritas are decent and cheap during HH. The icing on the cake of this experience, however, came at the end when I got up to ask (for the second time) a server for the check...and commented we had been waiting upwards of 20 minutes. The bartender (who claimed he was the owner of the place) jumped in and said: "it's right here if you want it so bad". I walked away back to my table from the obviously combative bartender, at which point he replied: "thats not how we do things here pa" (referring to me asking for the check be brought to us). In the end, The waitress ended up Bringing us the check. As we got up to leave I turned around and made eye contact with the bartender who said: "say something!" and continued challenging me. I have never felt so offended and attacked at a place where I was expected to dish out cash and tolerate bad food and service. Stay away at all costs. Nothing good about this place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent Mojitos!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Recently had an evening meal here whilst visiting from the UK. Great lively atmosphere. Hige choice of Tequillas and very nice indeed Mojitos. The food was not fantastic but good and overall good value.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York, UK
“Chose here for my birthday meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010 via mobile

Chose here for my birthday meal - guacamole was gorgeous and believe me I'm a connoisseur!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere