“Amazing little find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Southeast Corner of Madison Square Park, Near Madison Ave. and E. 23rd St., New York City, NY 10010
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Hot Dogs
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day version of a roadside burger stand from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. Serving delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more!
“Amazing little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely bite to eat and we're happy to find this little surprise. The service was fast and very welcoming and asked everything we wanted in our burgers, the burger themselves were to scream and shout about they really were tasty and full of flavour.I enjoyed my burger so much I felt the need to enjoy another one. Defiantly would recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirkby-in-Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Yum Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had been looking forward to visiting and it didn't dissapoint. The setting is lovely and the food is delicious. There isn't alot of seating but due to the nature of the food people are coming and going regularly so getting a seat isn't a problem.

• Visited September 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nom, nom, nom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had one thing I wanted to do on my birthday - eat an awesome burger. I did my research and all roads led here. My other half, being the detail man he is even compared shake shack for shake shack....and the MSG one came out on top.

Oh boy, is it a tasty burger! I say it again, nom, nom, nom.

The double patty is worth it for their shakeshack burger. Tasty cheese, fresh bun, just the right amount of salad. I don't like to faff with a burger or it's accompaniments - so salted fries and a vanilla shake were all that was needed to make this the perfect burger experience.

'he' went for one of each, single patty - smokeshack and shakeshack. Preferring something a little more exotic, I understand the smokeshack is also highly recommended for those who like to move away from a purist approach to their burgers.

A peanut butter shake was also tried and adored. And for our friends dog, a pooch-ini - well it is NYC.

And to top it off it was a bright, crisp, sunny day in MSG, so the perfect place to chow down on our burgers.

What a great birthday treat....

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

we decided to try this on a friends recommendation, I guess going to New York a visit to a burger joint is a must, I would not do it in the UK anyway. This was the best burger I have had, I had the smokeshack with cheesey fries. The bill for two was $32 as we had a few extras. I wanted to go back but this is very popular and gets busy, a sign of a good place. There is nothing like like this in the uk, as far as I am aware.

• Visited December 2013
Paris, France
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Shake Shake is probably one of the best places in NYC where you can get an awesome burger.

The service is great and very quick, don't be afraid of the queue! The restaurant is also well located.

Only one thing to improve: The number of seats and tables. The restaurant needs definitely more!