“Tasty Portabella Mushroom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Southeast Corner of Madison Square Park, Near Madison Ave. and E. 23rd St., New York City, NY 10010 (Flatiron District)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Ice Cream
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day version of a roadside burger stand from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. Serving delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more!
Utah
“Tasty Portabella Mushroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We hit this place at a great time. Line not too long. Staff was friendly and we got our food in a decent amount of time. The mushroom burger was tasty and unique. Fries good and custard rich and tasty. It's true about stalking the tables for a seat.

Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Middletown, Delaware
“Best Burger Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I'm picky with my food especially burgers so I was skeptical about this place and all it's hype. When you first walk up there is an intimidatingly long line but don't let that discourage you....it moves pretty quickly. If you plan to dine in you have to stalk the tables to hurry up and grab a seat from someone getting up...it's a bit nerve racking but when you taste the burger you'll find it's all worth it. The fries and milkshakes were good too! I will for sure be making a stop at the shake shack from now on every time I visit the big apple!!

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Good but overhyped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Burgers are great! Fries, Great! Shakes are ok... This place is POPULAR, lines are quick and so is the service. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal but now it's a been there/done that kind of thing. There are other places that will have burgers that are just as good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oxnard, California
“The in n out of nyc ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I'm from California and as people who are from here of have been know in n out is a huge deal, however I'm not too into it. So hearing about this place I knew I definitely had to try it out. I would say its a million times better !
I actually love it so much that I look forward to it every time I'm there.
We got there right when it opened to avoid the massive line it will get, their burgers are fresh and their cheese fries are a must. The workers are friendly. Not too much seating, especially if it's busy you might circle the area to find one.
If you're in NYC try!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ancona, Italy
“One of the BEST BURGERS in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent some months in NYC and this was my favorite burger! Simple but really tasty. The location is awesome and every time I used to stop and grab at least one burger plus the amazing french fries! Don't be mad if you see a long line, the service is fast so it's worth the wait!

• Visited August 2013