“Shake was AMAZING!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Southeast Corner of Madison Square Park, Near Madison Ave. and E. 23rd St., New York City, NY 10010 (Flatiron District)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Hot Dogs
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day version of a roadside burger stand from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. Serving delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more!
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“Shake was AMAZING!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The shake was reeeeally good.
The food was alright. (I ordered the Shake Shack burger I think - It was basically a cheese burger)
The lemonade wasn't all that good - I don't recommend it)

You have to wait a VERY long line.
But hey, the area is beautiful.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
stamford, ct
“'shroom burger is a disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am not commenting on any other itwem on the menu in this review. I have frequented Danny Meyer's upscale restaurants such as Tabla and Union Square Cafe, and thought that the idea of Shake Shack was to provide a fast food experience that was superior in quality, flavor and ingredients. I can't say what it does for you meat eaters out there, but I'm warning vegetarians here and now, don't get sucked in like I was, because there is a 'shroom burger" on the menu. What is a 'shroom burger anyway? Well, they take what they claim is a portabello mushroom and trim it and its cousin to fit a small hamburger bun (my bun was fresh and OK) and then they sandwich a blended cheese sauce (that emulates Velveeta, yuck) and then bread it and deep fry it--when you bite the mushroom it is exceedingly hot, and this drippy cheese crap squirts out of it, burning your mouth. They put this concoction on the bun with nice lettuce, OK tomato, and "shack sauce" which is mayo mixed with ketchup. The mushroom has the texture of rubber, and is devoid of any flavor or seasoning. This whole mess, is a huge gastronomic mistake. Now, when I had my 'shroom burger, I was so disappointed that I wrote to Danny Meyer himself, through his company, Union Square Hospitality Group, but even though I made positive suggestions on where to find flavorful and more interestring veggie burgers that he could replace the 'shroom burger with, and didn't just call this concoction "swill", which it resembles, (other good veggie burgers can be found at Houston's, Burger Lounge, Sunshine Drive-In, all rest stops on the M1 in England), I haven't even received an acknowledgement of my email, so I guess that Mr. Meyer believes that there is no room for improvement to the 'shroom burger. I beg to differ.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Very juicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The burger here is the best I have ever seen from the chain store! The burger is juicy and the fries are crispy.

Visited July 2013
Hemel Hempstead
“Great atmosphere and delicious burgers and shakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had heard so much about this place and it did not disappoint. The queue moved quickly and we were served inside 10 minutes but then had to wait 20 minutes for our burgers. That was ok as they give you a pager so you can relax and crowd watch. The burgers were delicious but the star turn for me was the chocolate milkshake - totally amazing! My sons had the peanut butter shake and the black and white(chocolate and vanilla mixed), both also delicious. I only had the cheeseburger but loved it. I did not visit the shake shack on 8th avenue but I could not beat sitting under the twinkly lights in the park - a fun experience

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sydney beach
“Winning our bets burger search to date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Deee...lishus!
Niice park atmosphere, line moved quicker than expected (about 35 mns) less line around 4pm

Visited August 2013