“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Copper Chimney
126 E 28th St, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)
(212) 213-5742
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Winnipeg
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We ate here by chance one day because it was raining. The lunch buffet has 16things and only costs $9.95. What a bargain. That's cheaper than the buffets back home. And the food was good, atmosphere a little more modern and sophisticated. Very nice place! My favorite was some kind of sweet carrot dish though not sure what it's called!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and chic decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Want good Indian food but want to be romanced a bit? I would choose Copper Chimney. It's a swankier joint than many of the hole in the wall locales nearby (not that those aren't fabulous, too). This one, though, is beautiful and service is quick. The food is lovely- again, not much better than a smaller location, but you're paying for the location and the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newyork
“Great Restaurant & great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I visited this restaurant located in 126 East 28th Street (between Park and Lexington Avenues) in new york city along with my family in the month of December 2011 . My kids loved their awsome chicken korma with rice and nan. Likwise i had never been to such an indian restaurant where the atmosphere for dining with the family is so nice and the staffs there are very friendly. They looked after me and my kids all the time till we left the restaurant helped me wear my coat and in the end we had very delicious kheer as desert and my keeds loved gulap jaman very much. I asked one of the staffs where they got the chef from and came to know that the chef they have is 29 years' experienced in this job that made him many times award winning chef in newyork. thanx copperchimney and their staffs and wish you all the luck ...

Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Very Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The place looks attractive but the food is below average in an area that has some very good Indian food restaurants.

Visited November 2011
Atlanta
“Delicious....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I loved the food at Copper Chimney. Ate here on NYE. The restaurant did not feel like an Indian restaurant. The service was great (although I felt rushed because they were closing at 9:30 and I came at 8:15 so they were taking plates away from the table literally right after I finished my food).

But forget all of this, the food was spectacular. I am VERY picky about Indian/Pakistani food and also very critical. I think a very few people know how to truly cook Biryani, Tandoori Chicken, etc. And let me tell you, Copper Chimney knows how to cook both. I had the Chicken Biryani and Tandoori Chicken for my entree. I had the Dhai Aalo Puri and Chicken 65 for Appetizers. All the meat was very well marinated and full with flavor. The Dhai Aalo was very tasty - so tasty that I ordered another. The Biryani was made with boneless chicken and was phenomenal. It was simply a great meal.

I do feel that the place was a little overpriced for the amount of food - but trust me, I would pay more for the food.

My only disappointment was that they didn't have Falooda. I doubt that they didn't, I think the waiter lied to me since it was 9:25PM and he probably wanted to close up for New Years - but whatever. I won't take away from their rating because of that.

A must go if you like Indian food.

Visited December 2011