“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick's

McCormick & Schmick's
1285 Avenue Of The Americas, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
(212) 459-1222
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: 1,A,C,E,N,R
Orange, California
“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

From the hors d'oeuvres, to the main dishes, to the dessert everything was excellent! The service, also, was attentive and excellent. We were a party of 7, and all of our food was served, hot and delicious, at the same time. We WILL return to this restaurant.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable, expected and safe ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times, and I have always had a satisfactory, if not excellent, meal. Yes, there are fancier (and more expensive) places, but this restaurant has never disappointed me. There are many things on the menu, and you don't have to be stuck in a rut. Well-prepared food, nice staff, and I always leave happy I came back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“ExtraSpecial Touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I took a friend there for her birthday and we had a wonderful time..It was not my first visit, but what I wanted to tell folks is that if you tell them that its your birthday or your friend's birthday they will print Happy birthday with your name on your menu..that is a great touch...the creme brulee there is out of this world....Very business like atmosphere but still down to earth to have a good time. Their menu has a great selection and their food is great. Waiter was not on his A game that day but the other times I've been there, they were great

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“They have ruined seafood for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had to overcome my shame of having dined in a seafood restaurant chain-which one should never do, if one has any respect for decent seafood whatsoever, in order to write this review. Let it be clear that the only reason that I came here was because a friend of mine had already reserved a table, and I did not want to be rude and decline, and the only reason that I did not send my meal back and order something else at a DIFFERENT restaurant is because we had tickets to a movie right afterwards. I ordered the sole which came baked and with a parmesan crust, and that alone should have sent off warning bells, because sole is traditionally served pan fried with a lovely sauce and cheese is never a part of it. In fact, there should not be any cheese within the premises of a seafood restaurant. To be honest, I knew it was going to be a bad idea as soon as I walked in and I saw the size of the place and smelled the fish (a good seafood restaurant never smells like fish), and I wondered how they were capable of maintaining quality with so many tables to serve. As I expected, my fish tasted off, and dry, and not at all flavorful. I can't even remember what I got for a side, but it was not memorable. My friend had the salmon, and it had been prepared carelessly, without any herbs or spices, and it was falling apart as if it had been overcooked. My friend ordered cake for dessert, and I am sure that it was bought from the supermarket down the street 4 days prior, and served it to us without any reserve. The only plausible reason that this place can remain open with such contemptible service and appalling food is due to unsuspecting tourists.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Indaiatuba, SP
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

good place if you like fish,very fresh good soup lobster
fish of day was superb staff very good ,good location very easy find it.

Visited November 2012