“They have ruined seafood for me” 1 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick's

McCormick & Schmick's
1285 Avenue Of The Americas, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
(212) 459-1222
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: 1,A,C,E,N,R
New York City
“They have ruined seafood for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had to overcome my shame of having dined in a seafood restaurant chain-which one should never do, if one has any respect for decent seafood whatsoever, in order to write this review. Let it be clear that the only reason that I came here was because a friend of mine had already reserved a table, and I did not want to be rude and decline, and the only reason that I did not send my meal back and order something else at a DIFFERENT restaurant is because we had tickets to a movie right afterwards. I ordered the sole which came baked and with a parmesan crust, and that alone should have sent off warning bells, because sole is traditionally served pan fried with a lovely sauce and cheese is never a part of it. In fact, there should not be any cheese within the premises of a seafood restaurant. To be honest, I knew it was going to be a bad idea as soon as I walked in and I saw the size of the place and smelled the fish (a good seafood restaurant never smells like fish), and I wondered how they were capable of maintaining quality with so many tables to serve. As I expected, my fish tasted off, and dry, and not at all flavorful. I can't even remember what I got for a side, but it was not memorable. My friend had the salmon, and it had been prepared carelessly, without any herbs or spices, and it was falling apart as if it had been overcooked. My friend ordered cake for dessert, and I am sure that it was bought from the supermarket down the street 4 days prior, and served it to us without any reserve. The only plausible reason that this place can remain open with such contemptible service and appalling food is due to unsuspecting tourists.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Indaiatuba, SP
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

good place if you like fish,very fresh good soup lobster
fish of day was superb staff very good ,good location very easy find it.

Visited November 2012
Mortsel, Belgium
“Less than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Last year we visited for the first time this brand in Chicago.We were so pleased that we decided to visit now the same brand in Manhanttan.....but one restaurant is definitely not the other.The waiter did his very best but there were two incidents.We ordered tuna as a main course but it turned out that the tuna was cold !However,more importantly we ordered a bottle of wine but the bottle of wine we received was from another year than the bottle mentioned on the menu.When we made a comment we were told that there was no difference between the two years (!) and when we paid the bill there was no price difference either! Not very serious.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, VA
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is one of my favorites anywhere. Great food, reasonable prices for what you get and a nice upscale atmosphere that won't break the bank like some other places you could go in NYC.

Visited September 2012
Denmark
“Perfects nightvwith friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Beibg greated warmly on a VERY rainy night is one of the best experiences!
When it continues with well made cockails, excellent salads and perfectly steamed lobsterbyou have to be a happy camper!

All this was delivered in a very nice dining room with excellent service at prices that are "almost cheap" by NY standards, how can you not be happy?