“Great spot for jazz” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dizzy's Club - Jazz at Lincoln Center

Dizzy's Club - Jazz at Lincoln Center
Frederick P. Rose Hall, home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, Broadway at 60th Street, New York City, NY 10023 (Manhattan)
212 258-9595
Transit: 1,A,B,C,D trains
New York City, New York
“Great spot for jazz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The music is Terrific and the view is fantastic. There is a full menu but you can just have a drink or appetizer. The charge for the music is reasonable and the table minimum is low. The setting is sophisticated and intimate. The shows are great and usually last just over an hour. This is good choice for a special evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Great jazz venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had booked a table for the 7:30PM show. We arrived at 6:30PM and all the best tables were already gone. :o( You learn from you mistake.
Great venue with a fantastic view on Central Park and Colombus Circle.
Service is fast and attentive. The food is quite decent for a jazz club. We started with the N'awlins fry, fried crawfish, shrimps, oysters and calamari on a tasty remoulade. and the fried green tomatoes. Both very good. We then had the pork shank (huge) served with black eye peas (a little bit dry), my duck confit on dirty rice was a good and generous portion.
The lemon tart had a runny custard and was disappointing.
Overall with a bottle of wine, expect to pay arond $250.00 ($70.00 covercharge).

Visited January 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Plainly disrespectful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've just had my first experience at this venue, It couldn't have been worse,
This morning, I stopped by to see if there were any seats available for the night sets. There weren't, but the very kind lady who talked to me insisted that I should come by at 10pm, to be seated at 10:30, for the late night session that would start at 11.
So there I was. Because the 9:30 set had started late, I waited in line for one hour. Though I was very tired, I thought it would be worth it. As soon as I got inside, I would sit at a table and be able to have something to eat and drink and listen to good music.
Even though I was the first in line, the hostess led me to a high chair in the back. My feet couldn't touch the floor, so I couldn't rest my legs. No table either, just a narrow counter behind me. And they would have me pay a $20 cover charge.
It's true that most of the tables were still occupied by people who had been at the 9:30 set and were allowed to stay there, but I had been standing for one hour. Was it because I was all by myself? I'll never know. Shocked by how I was treated, I just walked out. And I'm not going back there.

• Visited January 2013
Miami
“good music and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is usually difficult to have places that have good music and good food. This place is the answer, the music is excellent at least the night we went with my wife. we decided to eat there like this to have the hassle of finding a place before or after. I was very suspicious at first but when the bread arrived, then I started to relax. Of course we are not talking three stars at the Michelin but considering the price the location the diversity of the food, the quality was good. I tried my dishes and all dishes of my wife and no exception everything was well prepared and well balanced definitely a go in my books. The best is that the music is very good and since the orchestra is in front of Glass wall, you have an unbelievable view of Central Park and the sky of New York, beautiful company ( my wife), excellent music, good food, one of the best evening of my trip.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Modern and intimate place to see jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Dizzy's isn't like your typical jazz club insomuch that it isn't old, and have the aura of legends having played there for decades. What it is is a thoroughly modern restaurant/club on the fifth floor of the Time Warner Center with a great view out the back of the stage, which provides its own authentic charm. There's no bad seat in the place - it's just not that big. The sound's good. And the people are nice. So in my book it's a winner. The food is - for a jazz club - decent, by no means amazing and a bit pricey (which is the price you pay to be so close to a headline musician). If the convenience of seeing the show and eating at the same time sounds appealing, go for it. If not, eat somewhere else beforehand or after, and just enjoy an appetizer and a drink.

• Visited January 2013