“As Good As BBQ Gets in NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Hospitality BBQ

Southern Hospitality BBQ
645 9th Avenue, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
212-249-1001
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Hospitality BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,633 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 45th Street
Transit: We are a few blocks away from Times Square and the Port Authority. The following subways lines stop nearby: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 N, R, M, S
Description: SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY is an authentic Memphis-Style BBQ restaurant and bar. We boast some of the finest southern food found this side of the Mason Dixon Line. We feature traditional specialties including Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs, Sweet and Sticky Baby Back Ribs, Crispy Southern Fried Chicken, Fried Pickles, and Mac & Cheese that you'll never forget. Our Southern fare is complimented by juicy corn fed Steaks, grilled jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Grits, and lighter fare like our Watercress and Praline Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Black Eyed Peas. In addition to our fine cuisine, we offer a full line of draft beers, an extensive list of sipping tequilas, and over 50 of the Country's finest Bourbons. World renown wine expert, Gary Vaynerchuk, has hand selected an eclectic wine list that pairs beautifully with our diverse menu.
NYC
“As Good As BBQ Gets in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

New York is a food city, and if you know where to look you can get anything. Fortunately Southern Hospitality is centrally located, and steps from the theater district you can satisfy your comfort food cravings. All of the smoked meats are good, and the dry rubbed ribs are excellent. Southern Hospitality has a casual atmosphere that's great for groups, couples, or families, and this is a fun restaurant early or late.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“As Good as BBQ Can Get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a reservation for a large group so they were ready for us. I had the chicken and my wife the ribs. Both were excellent and portions very generous. The waitress and host were more than personable and worked very had to meet the demands of our large group. Absolutely worth the trip. It was also nice to get out of Time Square and slow down a little.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rising Sun, Maryland
“Fantastic southern meal in the middle of New York City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I'm from Maryland and it's ironic that we unknowingly chose a "southern" restaurant when we went NORTH to New York, hah! But SO GLAD we found this place! I used the Open Table app to make reservations at 8 pm. We arrived at about 7:50 and got seated right away!

We ordered fried pickles as an appetizer- some of the best I've ever had.

For my meal, I ordered the "half chicken" which I underestimated when I ordered and was not prepared for like FOUR pieces of chicken! Not counting my mashed potatoes with gravy, and I substituted mac and cheese instead of coleslaw. Everything was so delicious! Seriously one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant. Chicken had a slight cinnamon-spice taste to it that I'd never had before. Mac and cheese was creamy and amazing- I'm craving it just talking about it! The food wasn't ridiculously priced (for being New York City) which was a great added bonus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Amazing food!! and lots of food they give you!!!!! Amazing service as well!!! Our waitress was awesome!!! If I lived in NYC, I would deff come here more often!

Visited August 2014
kfar yona
“It was the second time i had dinner in the last year.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The first time was better than the second one, regarding the quality of the food.
The food was good but not great. A bit standart - nothing special to report home about...
Service was good, prices r a bit high compared to the quality of the food.