“A great first visit to New York” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hhonors Weekend
Ranked #202 of 449 hotels in New York City
Wellington, New Zealand
“A great first visit to New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Travelling with two small children we ended up arriving at the hotel very late in the day. Staff were apologetic that they did not have a large room available and would need to give us a room with a double bed and bring in a fold-out bed. They were very reasonable about it and said we would be moved to a bigger room the following day. My recommendation would be to ring ahead and confirm if you are arriving late for any New York hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and we had a very pleasant stay. Good breakfast selection. Shocked at the use of disposable cutlery and plates in nearly all the American hotels we stayed in - so wasteful. We stayed for three nights and saw as much of New York as we could - we did a lot of walking and found the hotel to be in a good location. It poured with rain for most of our stay and it was lovely to be offered peanut butter cookies when we arrived back at the hotel at the end of the day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear NickyWLondon:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your feedback about the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo here on TripAdvisor. I am gald to hear that you able to enjoy the services and amenities of the hotel. Thank you for complimenting on our breakfast selection. However, the breakfast cutlery and plates are made from recycled material. Hampton as a brand is "green" when comes to the environment. Thank you again for your comments! Should you be back in the New York City area we hope to see you again.

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

If you're interested in Chinatown, Little Italy and the Iron era area in New York City, this is the place to stay. It's an easy walk to all these locations.

Service was fantastic with great recommendations for eateries and their included breakfast is one of the best available in terms of choices. There is no on-site parking but it is available a block and a half away for a reasonable rate (no in or out privileges though).

The room we had was a little on the small side but we're used to that in New York City hotels. The bar is tiny but at least they have one. If you're tired of surly staff and snootish prices, you'll love this little gem of a hotel.

Next time we're visiting NYC, we will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear BestViews:

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our little hotel on TripAdvisor. I agree with you in regards to the location of the hotel within walking distance to Chinatown and Little Italy. I have shared your feedback with staff and they are happy that they were able to make a good lasting impression during your visit with us. Thank you again for the positive feedback. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed with a friend six nights at the Hampton Inn, and was pleasantly surprised; the hotel is really excellent for a 3-star hotel. The staff was really friendly & helpful (we had a bit of a mix up with our reservation), and they'd greet you every time you entered or exited the hotel. The room was very clean, the bathroom was in excellent condition (I'm a super clean freak, so this was a big deal for me!). Breakfast buffet & Wi-Fi were included, & this is a really big plus, especially when you're in NYC (saves you a lot on food in the morning). Close to subway stops (Spring St., Canal St.), & really nice SoHo restaurants, boutiques, etc. Watts Street is a bit lost between Canal and 6th, especially during rush-hour traffic to the tunnel (one of our taxi drivers had trouble finding it), but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to find.

The only tiny hiccup I found was there was not a lot of counter space in the bathroom, but that's not that big of a deal if you're not packing too much bathroom stuff (or you can use the desk!). All in all it was a great experience, & I will definitely stay there again on my next trip!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise, but even so, there isn't really a significant noise proble...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Booked a great rate through quikbook.com for this Soho hotel. As I like to explore Soho, East Village, Tribeca, this was a great location for me. I had several subway lines very close so getting around the city was never a problem, and I loved the quick trek right to the heart of Soho.

My room on the 17th floor was very clean. The duvet and pillow cases smelled, felt and looked very clean, as did the carpet and bathroom. I had the quietest stay, which was such a relief and pleasure. Housekeeping replaced my towels even though I had hung them up and signaled they were "okay to leave alone/not launder." I admit, I liked having fresh towels.

Complimentary breakfast was very nice: hot chafing dishes served french toast, eggs, sausage, omelettes, etc. You could make your own waffles. There were whole grain cereals, boiled eggs, and a variety of breads and pastries, along with fruit and yogurt. The 24 hour coffee, hot chocolate and tea station was greatly appreciated on my cold walks. I could take a traveling cup and the hot tea kept me warm on the cold, January morning.

The front desk men and women were very pleasant and accommodating. They were quick to help me with subway re-routes due to maintenance and weekend changes. I'd stay here again as the rates, location and quality are so great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear ChoGal11225:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo. It's very important for us to get feedback from our guests whether positive or negative. I have shared your comments with my staff and they are very happy that were able to make your stay a pleasant experience. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we hope to service you again in the future.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Manhattan. We often stay in small boutique hotels or places recommended by friends throughout the city. We opted to book a room for a long weekend at the Hampton Inn, Soho. It was a great find! It even included breakfast. It is clean, friendly, and located conveniently to transportation, restaurants, and shopping. We could not have been happier with the value for our money. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future. It is a true bargain in fabulous Soho.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy S:

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your wonderful comments about my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very happy that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel and I have shared your comments with my staff and they are pleased with your positive response. We are looking forward to servicing you again in the future. Thank you again!

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Recently spent 5 nights at Hampton Inn Soho as part of a 9 night stay in New York City. We got a great rate through TripAdvisor so very happy indeed. The hotel itself is very well located in fantastic Soho, and walking distance to everything in the area. Easy to get a cab out on 6th Street at anytime if you need to travel further. The rooms aren't very big (which was expected), but have everything you need. It;s pretty much a 'disposable hotel' ( disposable cups, etc), but no problem for us. The beds were very comfortable and very big for singles (we had a twin room). Free wifi is included in rate as is breakfast (continental style) which was more than sufficient, and also free refreshments 24 hours. There was a gym and vending machines on the basement level, but we never utilized them during our stay.The hotel was quite bust when we stayed, so sometimes difficult to get a table at breakfast; they do have a take out breakfast in a brown paper bag if you like, or you can always take your breakfast up to your room. Staff in the breakfast area were very nice as were most of the other staff members we encountered; a standout was Michelle on reception who was ever so helpful and answered my many questions! She even ran out onto 6th Ave to hail us a ab one night which was much appreciated. All in all a very good value hotel, which for the money, i would be happy to stay at again.

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is a little bit tucked away and not your typical New York hotel wherein you walk 10 feet and run into hotels, bars, shops, etc. But it was a great deal for the money and it included breakfast, which is really difficult to find in the city!
The staff was fantastic as well. The rooms were small, which is alright, but the walls were paper thin! We could hear everything in every room and everyone in the hallway, including the housekeeping staff yelling at each other.
Overall we would stay here again because of the very low price in Manhattan, it includes breakfast, the room was clean and the staff is terrific. Oh yeah, NONE of the cab drivers knew where this place is! What happened to the GPS in the taxis?!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo? Share your experiences!