“mexicans eating mexican in nyc” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mole Mexican Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Mole Mexican Bar & Grill
205 Allen Street, New York City, NY 10002 (East Village)
(212) 777-3200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Village
“mexicans eating mexican in nyc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We came here with some friends, you can get tasty dishes and great margaritas. The food I tried, I found it to be pretty close to what I eat at home. It`s a good thing when I don't find my plate drowned in cheese or sour cream.!

Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
“Tasty Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a weekday night to grab some dinner and relax. Ordered a serving of guac and some margaritas to start. Both were quite tasty and fired us up for a good meal. We shared fajitas & enchiladas and were stuffed about half-way through. The meal was very good but pricey for Mexican. It's a trendy place so I guess they can charge more!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“Tasty and large portions with great drinks to match”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a friend on recommendation from another - glad we did. While it's small we were lucky enough to not feel too claustrophobic.
The fresh guacamole was delicious and that along with nachos would have been enough to fill me up. But I couldn't resist the chicken chimichanga while my friend had pork chops. I barely made a dent in my main course as it was so large - stuffed with rice, beans, lettuce and sour cream. But it was very tasty.
The passion fruit daiquiris were amazing and my friend was more than happy with her margaritas. Will return when next in NYC.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Great Mexican Food on Upper East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Small Mexican restaurant on 2nd Ave between 89th & 90th Street with great food and drinks. We had lunch today (have been a few times) and were treated to live music by "The Dirty Urchins," a very hip folk style band (2 guitars, bass & vocals) which appear every Saturday & Sunday from 1 to 4pm. Outdoor seating also available.
Great fresh guacamole! Chicken & steak dishes have all been very tasty!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The real thing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

A small, passionate place that brings the true flavors of Mexican (Chilango) cuisine alive and unfettered!

Really happy we found this place - it's a gem.

Visited April 2013