“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maze

Maze
151 West 54th Street, London NYC, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
212-468-8889
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,379 of 11,596 restaurants in New York City
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: btw 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: 7th Avenue stop on B, D, E train, and the 57th Street/7th Avenue stop on N, Q, R & W trains.
Stockholm
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went here alone and had a two course dinner. When I arrived at the restaurant I was about an hour to early so I visited the bar and had a drink - the staff behind the bar are both nice to chat with and make excellent drinks.

After being seated I ordered a glass of champagne followed by scallops and dry-aged sirloin steak.

Everything was, in my humble opinion, served to perfection. I ordered a glass of red wine to the sirloin.

+ Everything
- Being slightly intoxicated I became an extremely nice tipper (my own fault!)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“One of my top 3 meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Went to Maze for our anniversary dinner and it was amazing - we had cauliflower soup and scallops to start - both were ridiculously great. Then we had duck and risotto - again spot on. Finished off with the veal chop that was paired with gnocchi. Everything had its own twist to it and wasn't the standard "good but fogettable" that other restaurants offer.

In between courses we were brought 2 complimentary dishes also - white asparagus with a pistachio puree and an artichoke in a cool yogurt based sauce. You would never think the ingredients would work but the flavors were amazing across the board.

Atmosphere is great - elegant but trendy. Jose our waiter was very friendly and engaging.

I recommend going here and not the London as they are only separated by one door and how different can the food be? Save about $200 and goto Maze, you will not be disappointed! Our total meal with two glasses if wine was $150 before tip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went there for lunch with my husband yesterday. Attentive service and good food. The taste and presentation of Bouillabaisse was awesome, fish and chips with gribiche sauce was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“An anticipated good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

When you choose a restaurant owned by a famous chef, you are right to expect good food, but do remember that like everything else you also pay for the name. I write this as a start because its an important start to your visit at this type of restaurant.
We were two persons, and the following is my tasting experience of all the things we tried. I had the scallops as a starter. They were perfectly cocked, just the right texture and yet caramelised on the outside. then another starter the asparagus salad with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms. Simple but so good. Main courses: The risotto, which wasn't as perfectly presented as the picture on the webside, but were cocked just right. The veal chop steak with mushrooms and gnocchi was very good. The sirloin steak with pommes Anna, spinach and bearnaise was good but not perfect, and actually the only thing that didn't impress me. The Maze have a very well assorted wine list. Only thing is that it's very expensive. You really have to look good for a decent wine under a 100$.first we had a glass of Chardonnay. And then we had the American produced Steel at 65$ for a bottle which went good with the food. The service was good, as the waiters made you feel that they where always around. price for the food, wine and coffee including taxes and service gratitude was 330$. I gladly recommend you to try the experience if food matters to you.

Visited May 2013
Amman
“Excellent hamburger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice atmosphere especially in the evening because of the adjacent bar. Good food, but too noisy.it is situated just at the entrance of the hotel,which gives the impression of a stand alone restaurant.

Visited May 2013