“Great food and good drinks! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Select

Thai Select
472 9th Ave, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10018-5616 (Hell's Kitchen)
212-695-9920
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Select is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #694 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Cross street: 36th - 37th Streets
Transit: 34th St-8th Ave (A, C, E) 8th Ave-42nd St (A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W)
Description: Thai Select seeks to thrill the New York epicure with Thai that's global, fresh and fun. Located in the midtown-west area of Manhattan, Thai Select offers healthy, modern Thai cuisine with worldly flare. Although the signature taste remains authentic Thai in flavor, the presentation might be a bit French in aesthetics, a bit Italian in portion and a bit Japanese in simplicity. With dishes like Kee Mao Fettuccini (made with whole wheat pasta) and Fruit Fried Rice (stir-fried with seasonal fruits), Thai Crabcake (encrusted to perfection) and Coconut Puff Martini (jumbo shrimp hand-battered in coconut strips), the kitchen selects only the very best dishes in Thai cuisine and only the freshest of ingredients picked from the farmer's market for our patrons; hence the name, Thai Select.
Medford, New York
“Great food and good drinks! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

One of my fave Thai restaurants in the city. The curry puffs are delicious! Best of all, the drinks are half off from 4-8; even on Saturdays! Cozy atmosphere, great place to hang with friends! <3 <3

“Great Thai food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Pros: Excellently prepared Thai food. Prices are around what you'd expect (anywhere from 9-14 dollars for a regular entrée). They have some nice extra warm noodle specials now. It's Located just down the street from Penn Station right by all the other thai restaurants. Service is efficient. Portions are medium-large.

Cons: Tables are too close to each other. Especially in Winter this is tough because we came so layered it was not easy to drop off our things. One bathroom for the whole place and when I went it was a bit dirty. While an entrée is listed as spicy, it doesn't really mean that much.

Summary: The food was so great that I'd come back here again even though I'm not a huge fan of the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Excellent Thai in Hell's Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We usually go to another Thai restaurant further up in Manhattan but being so close to Thai Select we decided to give it a try. And we have not been disappointed! Food is great, service is excellent and prices are cheap, what else do you need? The green curry was really good as well as the Pad Thai. I would definitely go back.

Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Thai in New York ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Good Thai food in NYC at ok prices. Happy hour from 4-8pm, cocktails were great! Very popular with the locals, which is a good a sign.Service was good.

Halifax, Canada
“I kept coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I came to this restaurant three times during my trip- once on my own, again with a friend, and then by myself again when I was hungry and wanted something tasty close to my hotel.

I had the calamari as an appetizer- it was delicious, lightly breaded and deep fried just right, not too much, not too little. It came with a lovely sweet and spicy chili sauce.

For my main course, I had the chicken and shrimp Pad Thai, and I can say without reservation that it was some of the best I have ever had. The presentation was lovely, with a garnish of thin strands of carrot on top. And the portion was generous, leaving me well and truly satisfied afterwards.

I brought a friend on my second visit, and she ordered the chicken skewers with peanut sauce, and beef Pad Thai, and she was also very happy with her meal.

On my third visit, the food was just as good as the first time, and it well and truly satisfied my Pad Thai craving. Next time, I'll ask for it spicy:)

• Visited November 2013