“Great food at an unbelievable price” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vizio
255 W 55th St, New York City, NY 10019-5232 (Manhattan)
212-586-0756
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vizio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,605 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Broadway & 8th Ave
Toronto, ON
“Great food at an unbelievable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was staying at a hotel up the street (Dream) and went for a walk. I stumbled upon Vizio. They were offering a special for choice of app and main including soda, coffee and dessert for the low price of $19.50. I popped in and ordered crab cakes and steak frites. The crab cakes were a bit thin but tasty with a very good lemon aioli. The steak was cooked as ordered and served with home cut crisp frites. Ice cream and hot strudel finished things off. The service was very good and frankly this restaurant deserves to be busier than it was. This is a superb deal for good food. I have had far worse meals and service for five times the price.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Haven, Connecticut
“Mistaken Identity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I went to Nochello Restaurant in NYC last year with friends and loved it so I thought I'd take my family there. We thought we were entering Nochello but instead went into Vizio which is right next door and had no visible name on the front of it. Still we went in and gave our reservation name and they didn't say that they had no reservation for us but instead sat us down. The food was disgusting. The service slow and people kept running by our table with deliveries of food in big boxes. We had fish which smelled and was hard at the edges. My son had the worse Mac & Cheese dinner he ever had (and it's hard to make a bad mac & Cheese). We would never go back and advise people to check and make sure they are in the right restaurant. DO go to Nochello which is right next door and delicious!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Massapequa, New York
“Great Atmosphere, Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

As a person who works in Midtown Manhattan, I am always on the lookout for reasonably priced restaurants for lunch. The menu is your basic burger, sandwich, entrees and everything is reasonably priced. It is a sitdown restaurant with table service with a modern decor. Although I wasn't there as a tourist, I would definitely recommend this to tourists as a reasonable priced Lunch or Dinner meal.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Terrible Quality of food and restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I had found a few people raving about this place on the internet so thought I'd give it a try as it was very close to our hotel.

The restaurant tables were horrible - there was a string draught coming in from somewhere so sat wit my coat on - I was hoping the burgers would make up for it but unfortunately not....

Calamari batter was thick, dry and crumbly. Burgers were greasy and average.
They messed up our order and I was brought my burger and my friend waited 10 minutes for his to arrive. After a bit of negotiating, they took 2 beers off the bill.

Really, really don't bother with this place.

• Visited March 2011