“A Must Go!” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ricardo Steakhouse
2145 2nd Avenue, New York City, NY 10029 (Harlem)
(212) 289-5895
Neighborhood: Harlem
Brooklyn, New York
“A Must Go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had been trying to get to Ricardo's for at least 2 years at the recommendation of a co-worker, and when I finally made it there yesterday to celebrate my birthday it definitely did not disappoint. I ordered the NY Strip. Best steak I have ever eaten, cooked perfectly to your specifications. My party of 7 all had different entrees (meat, chicken, and lamb) and each patron was impressed by their entree. Drinks are strong and tasty! No watered down stuff here. We ordered a pitcher of the passion fruit sangria which was delicious and another drink which I cannot remember the name of. It was a blue version of a Long Island Iced tea. Boy did that thing pack a punch! Service was phenomenal from the moment we arrived. We were unable to make a reservation as we decided to go last minute. Ricardo's is a local hotspot, especially on the weekend and evenings. I had been in touch with the Assistant Manager, Jorge, via email, the night before and despite the fact that they were booked for the evening he told me I should come in anyway and put my name on the list and he would take care of us. When we arrived the hostess was sweet and very accomodating. Jorge greeted us at the door and certainly followed through on his promise, otherwise the wait would have been 90 mins! We sat outside in the patio which was comfortable and pleasant despite the breeze. We were assigned to Luis who was absolutely phenomenal! Best server I had ever encountered - anywhere! A friend informed him we were celebrating two birthdays and he immediately brought over complimentary shots for our party. He was fun, attentive and even played the Stevie Wonder Happy Birthday song for us several times throughout the night. He took pics for us and even posed for pictures with us. And lets not forget another two complimentary slices of chocolate cake and cheesecake to end the celebration.

The atmosphere is very lively and busy. They play music (loudly) throughout the night, mostly old school jams, R&B and hip-hop. They got us up out of our chairs when they played a medley of 80's theme songs, lol. Some people say the volume of the music bothers them but it didn't trouble any of us perhaps because we were outside on the patio. But we love loud music anyway! We spent nearly 3 hours in Ricardo's and despite the fact that they were very busy were not rushed in any way, which was a rarity. Again props to Luis! I gave the spot a 4 star rating because of the location. It may not be too convenient (Spanish Harlem) at least for me anyway. And they only have one bathroom positioned in a very inconvenient place in the center of the restaurant. Guess it's not too unreasonable since the place is realtively small. However standing in the a line 5 people deep when you have to go is not a good look.

I will definitely be back to Ricardo's again. It has become a new favorite. Fabulous food and spectacular service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“food is good, but too loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Food was good but the place gets way too packed and music is so loud I had to scream nonstop. Not for me.

Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“A taste of all things New York... in one place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great "scene"... Cool music... Huge menu w. options for everyone... Star sightings possible... neighborhood feel... delicious drinks (try the mango sangria)... Always a good time!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Just ate at Ricardo's -from Philly but out in New York for New Years. It was awesome! The entire staff was super friendly and greeted us on the way in to the point that we felt like superstars! Food was really great and affordable. Thanks to George and staff!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Go to RICARDO'S...GO HOME AND THEN GO BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

Cozy feel packing a powerful punch...this place has it all...no matter what your dining fetish, you can find it here...excellent palette pleasing...not teasing food (taste just as if the chef was hand picked by top chef), drinks that will take the edge off, help you whine down, or get your buzz on, you pick your poison...lastly, the staff ids as lovely and vibrant as the decor...arte deco had nothing on the sultry vibe of Ricardo's!
GO TO RICARDO'S...AND THEN GO AGAIN!

• 5 of 5 stars Food