“Great gluten free bakery!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Babycakes NYC

Babycakes NYC
248 Broome St, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
(212) 677-5047
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dessert
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great gluten free bakery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have the cookbooks (I have done little GF baking yet) and have been dying to go here for over a year. It was totally worth the wait!!! We picked up: a strawberry cupcake, brownie cupcake with mint frosting, a couple of donuts, and brownies. It took us several days to try (some of it is in the freezer, I bought extras of the brownies) but everything was beyond amazing. I have not had a cupcake or a donut since I went gluten free and this totally made up for it. I think the brownie cupcake is the best cupcake I have ever eaten (GF or not!). I am looking forward to going to my next trip to NYC for more tasty treats.

The shop is small but extremely cute. There is limited seating out front. The staff is very friendly and they will tell you what you need to refridgerate immediately.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing bakery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This little gem is tucked away in a little quiet corner. I walked what seemed forever from Soho to get to it but it was well worth it. They have an amazing selection of different desserts. We ordered the churro, a brownie, a cupcake and salted caramel donut. Everything was amazing. The cupcake was a little too dense for my liking but that's just personal taste. Personally I thought the donut was the best. This is my new must stop in NYC.

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Vermont
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Everything!! My favorite part was the fact that my son forgot his portion in the hotel fridge, so I was able to bring it back to VT and enjoy it, along with mine! I had almond, his was rocky road... yum!!

Visited July 2013
NYC
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fabulous for people with food allergies and gluten issues. The chocolate cupcakes are unbelievable even if you have no food issues.

Visited July 2013
Oakland, California
“Great gluten-free options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stopped at BabyCakes during a recent visit to NYC. So many options! Including for those with allergies and food sensitivities, such as gluten and sugar.

I got a mint chocolate chip cupcake, and my wife had a red velvet cupcake. They were both very good, especially considering what ingredients they DON'T use! We also bought a few goodies for the road.

The store itself is small, and some of their labeling is a little confusing, but overall, it's well worth a visit, especially if you have certain dietary restrictions!

• Visited July 2013