“Best Location in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jones Street Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jones Street Guesthouse
Save Saved
You added Jones Street Guesthouse to your Saves list
31 Jones Street, New York City, NY 10014 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #19 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Best Location in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I recently stayed at this B&B for a week in their basement apartment. The location in the heart of the active West Village was perfect. So many restaurants, shops, clubs, subways, and attractions nearby. The apartment was great, perfect for one or two people. Very clean and well appointed. The WiFi worked great, which was important to me. Check in was easy as all I had to do was pick up my keys from the owners' nearby restaurant (Doma) and let myself in. As a part of staying in the house you get $5.00 off breakfast each day at Doma. I really enjoyed the restaurant as well. Good food, nice atmosphere. Since their bigger parlor apartment was vacant while I was there the owners' offered me a free upgrade to that apartment. I opted to stay where I was as I was very comfortable there. I thought it was a nice thing for them to do anyway. Even though the Village is a very busy place, the apartment was very quiet. I will definitely go back there again on my next trip to NYC if available. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a real NYC live in experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We have just got back from a 5 Night stay in NYC. We stayed at the Jones Street Guesthouse and I just thought it was necessary to post a review to say how excellent it was.
We did a lot of research before deciding to stay here. We were looking for a real New York experience and we certainly got that. The room and building as a whole was exactly what we were after. Warm and comfortable with all the necessary kitchen equipment and really homely. Comfortable bed (no bed bugs) and very clean throughout.
Noise wasn't an issue, in fact we enjoyed the little creaks and gurgles the house seemed to make at night.
We didn't want to leave and can't wait to come back.

Thanks to Evelyn and her family.

P

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

My second stay at this wonderful spot in the West Village. The location is perfect, public transportation, walking, taxis all convenient to anyplace in Manhattan. While the hosts are absent, they are easy to reach and remarkably accommodating. The rooms are a great size for the price, and the amenities make it a place that you never have to leave, or not until the next lucky guest arrives.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We had such a wonderful time and a big part of that was having a cozy, friendly, comfortable place to stay in between adventures all over Manhattan. A few blocks from subway - a few steps from everything else (great food, great music, great parks ...) Evelyn was exceptionally accommodating. The bed was comfy (and no bedbugs!)
ONLY minus - no microwave! With so much good food we frequently had leftovers - or it would also be good for warming up cold coffee. It was a really noticeable absence. Besides that everything was perfect and I only can hope to return yearly (that is our plan!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My partner and I stayed in the first floor apartment for 6 nights in September 2010 and we had a brilliant time. We collected the keys from Doma (the owner's restaurant - where we also had a breakfast of coffee and a croissant everyday, included in the price) without any problems. The apartment was clean and really tastefully decorated. It was well equipped and we intended to cook some meals (with ingredients from the fantastic local shops) while we were there, but in reality there were so many interesting restaurants in the streets surrounding the apartment that we ended up eating out most nights. The bed was really comfortable. Desite the centrality of the apartment, it wasn't noisy and I slept really well. I would happily recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

A wonderful Village experience. Staying here was a delight. We were fortunate enough to luck into being able to use the owners' space. It is not the same as staying at a hotel but that is precisely why we tried here.

It was truly as if we were living there - Bleeker Street has all the amenities needed - Amy's Bread and the cheese shop next door are highly rated by us.

We prefer not to stay at the same place twice in our travels - in New York that habit will change.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We just got back and are already talking about wanting to visit nyc again. We would definitely go back to Jones Street Guesthouse. The location was perfect! We were so close to tons of shopping and restaurants, and subways for the things that weren't in the neighborhood. The first floor apt. was very cozy, and we usually came back for a dark, quiet afternoon nap. Noise was not a problem, and we liked the occasional rumble of the subway (it reminded us we were in the city!) The recommendations were helpful, and breakfast at Doma was delicious (try the pumpkin bread). The price made it possible for us to stay in a great neighborhood for a week instead of just a few nights.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Jones Street Guesthouse? Share your experiences!