“One of my favorite restaurants in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill

Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill
308 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
212.397.0404
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Eclectic, Asian fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite restaurants in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food here is delicious and fresh! The service is amazing as well! It is obvious because mostly regulars eat here. Once you eat here you will become a regular if you live in NYC area. I love the sushi, blue ribbon chicken and the calamari. They also have great bartenders, the mixed drinks are great as well as there is a great wine selection. My favorite mixed drink is the Yuzu Hi. It is light and refreshing.

New York, NY
“High quality sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Blue Ribbon is one of my favorite sushi restaurants in NYC. It gets crowded though and it's not cheap. While I really like this restaurant, the west 58th street location has a corporate feel, not a bad thing, just a comment. It is a popular restaurant and gets quite busy at night. I prefer to go here for lunch, it's more relaxed and I like the lunch menu. Also I found out that the Blue Ribbon Izakaya on Orchard street offers a brunch all you can eat buffet on the weekends, http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/12/blue_ribbon_sushi_izakaya_laun.html

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Consistently fresh and tasty sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

That's the key to this wonderful restaurant. I've been here many times over the past year, and I have yet to be disappointed. I've taken many friends here as well and I've often had them tell me that this was some of the best sushi they've had. The appetizers are varied and taste great - my favorites are the yellowtail tartare with quail egg that you mix yourself and the ebi shumai. As for the sushi, I always go with the specials, as they're seasonal. They have some very inventive specials, my favorite being the uni (sea urchin) served in the sea urchin shell. They have wonderful non-sushi dishes as well, with the grilled yellowtail topped with jalapenos and drizzled in a honey-ponzu sauce taking the top spot. I've never had the desert, as I've always been too full to even attempt it!

New York City, New York
“Nothing short of amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had forgotten how much I used to enjoy Blue Ribbon sushi and had discovered there was one in midtown that I had never noticed before. We decided to go there for dinner last night! I am so glad we did! My husband and I ordered the surf and turf platter. The steak was the best steak we have had anywhere in NYC. So funny that we have been to the best steakhouses in the city and we have now discovered the best steak in a sushi joint! The lobster with the miso butter is outstanding. We will be going back again soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Nice quick sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Reliable japanese food without too much fuss with reservation. Fun appetizers, rolls and sushi. The bone marrow appetizer and oxtail fried rice are always good. Sushi platters are also of good value. A la carte sushi has lots of options (do check out daily specials!).

• 4 of 5 stars Food