“yummy but expensive ?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fig & Olive Uptown

Fig & Olive Uptown
808 Lexington Ave, New York City, NY 10021 (Formerly Fig & Olive - Uptown) (Manhattan)
2122074555
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,392 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: between 62 St & 63 St
Transit: Subway: F Train to Lexington Ave/63rd Street station; 4,5,6 Train to 59th Street/Lexington Ave station; N,R,W Train to Lexington Ave/59th Street station
Description: At FIG & OLIVE, we want to highlight our menu’s core ingredient of olive oil, which we use in place of butter in our dishes. From a sweet and delicate olive oil from the French Riviera that pairs well with a Steamed Lemon Sole Papillote to an assertive Spanish Picual or a Tuscan olive oil that holds its own with Seared Salmon with Fennel and Green Olives, and a green-fruit Provence olive oil that we serve with a Green Apple Sorbet. Our cuisine along with an elegant white, green and terra-cotta décor immerse our guests into the essence of the Mediterranean region.
Bath, United Kingdom
“yummy but expensive ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner chose the fixed price dinner menu and enjoyed the fig and olive salad, the tagine was a little too runny for her taste - however very tasty. The chocolate pot is still sitting on her hips and will be for sometime I fear ! I had the crabcakes, which I could have eaten 20 times over and the veal milanese, which didnt disappoint. Service was friendly and professional, although we felt we were being rushed at times ( ok they had people waiting for tables, but there seemed to be space elsewhere....). I liked the way they served the glasses of wine in little decanters, so much so I had to have a few of them, oh well when in NYC etc. Overall we could have spent less on our meal and enojyed it just the same, I would recomment to my friends that they visit when in NYC.

Visited February 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The food here was amazing. The fig & olive salad was much more than I had expected - lots of olives, walnuts and figs. The pumpkin sage ravioli was perfectly seasoned and balanced. For dessert, the chocolate pot de creme was decadent and delicious. The service was very fast and courteous. The bill was very reasonable - a great value for the great food we had!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vineland, New Jersey
“Wonderful menu and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We choose this restaurant because it was near our son's apartment and the menu looked great. We were not disappointed. We shared Beef Carpaccio and Truffle Mushroom Croquette. I love the carpaccio. I don't like mushrooms, but everyone else loved them. I had the Veal Milanese-
Breaded veal escalopine, roasted tomato, sautéed broccolini with thyme and garlic, pesto fettuccine, tomato mascarpone sauce. It was wonderful. My husband had Fig and Olive Chicken-
Moroccan spiced free range chicken served with fig, olive, apricot, carrot, zucchini, cipollini onion
tomato, toasted almond, couscous with cilantro and harissa – Hojiblanca Olive Oil which quickly disappeared. My son had Penne Funghi Tartfo-Cremini and black trumpet mushroom, parmesan
parsley, scallion – White Truffle Olive Oil With grilled chicken and his girl friend had Fettuccine Shrimp Mascarpone-Grilled shrimp, San Marzano tomato, cherry tomato, scallions
micro-basil and mascarpone infused with rosemary. Both really enjoyed their meals. We did not
order dessert because we were stuffed(I brought 1/2 of mine home). There service was great. Our server, Braulio was attentive, funny and one of the best servers I've seen in a long time. I would love to go back and try some of the other items on on the menu. Make reservations!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were lucky to get a walk in early on Saturday night. by 6.30pm the restaurant was full. Food was great, highly recommend the Chicken Tagine. Service was a little patchy, one waitress seemed to be covering most of the busy restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Solid restaurant with fantastic coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to eat at this restaurant twice while I was in NY touring with my wife.

We went the first time for lunch and everything was very good. We shared a few crostinis as well as a sandwich and the mushroom pasta. My only complaint would be that they use a lot of olive oil in everything they make, but it is of high quality and given the name of the place it makes sense.

I must also add that the cappuccinos and lattes here are very good.

I will definitely be back in the future.

• Visited December 2013