“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eileen's Special Cheesecake

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
17 Cleveland Place, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10012-4052 (Nolita)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 343 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This place has some of the best cheesecake I have ever had. Make sure you stop in and get some at this establishment. The Carmel cheesecake was outstanding.

Quebec City, Canada
“Light and fluffy. Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I dropped in for cheesecake in the late afternoon, after enjoying a tour of the SoHo area. When we heard that Eileen's Special Cheesecake was Frank Sinatra's favourite... well we just had to try it out. We were not disappointed. The small, circular cakes were light and delicious. Apparently the New York style cheesecake always has that type of crumb crust both on the base and around the cake. We would definitely go there again.

• Visited July 2014
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Pumpkin cheesecake year round!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Searched for this bakery solely in hopes of getting pumpkin cheesecake (my absolute favorite) in June (a virtual impossibility). I was not disappointed!!! The cheesecake had a very creamy texture & crumbly crust. I also enjoyed the individually sized portions, slightly more than 1/2 a slice for $3.50, making it competitively priced for NYC.

New York City, New York
“Life Changing Experience <3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I entered the little corner bakery located in Soho named "Eileen's Special Cheesecake". WOWOWOWOW it's special alright. I've tasted nearly every cheesecake in the city and believe me, I am only able to dedicate my love and loyalty to Eileen's. The rich fluffy texture of little cute mini tart-like cheesecakes are to die for. It's quite tiny and a bit compacted but that just gives more of a "family-like" feel to it. The ladies there were super friendly and helpful. Whatever you're doing Eileen...KEEP IT UP!!! <3

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“The Best Cheesecake in New York City....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I need to give a massive 'thank you' to Eileen and the team for organising a 40th Birthday cheesecake for my Wife. All of this was done via e-mails and the cheesecake was perfect (even worth a long walk to collect in the Midday sun). While we were waiting for the Birthday message to be put on the cake we were given a free taster of the salted caramel cheesecake which was exquisite. My Wife is also a fan of the Cherries & Cream soda that you serve. Thanks again for playing a massive part in a great weekend of Birthday celebrations.