“It lives up to expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Cairns, Australia
“It lives up to expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

On a recent trip to New York, my friend and I tracked down this wonderful place. We found it on tripadvisor and looked at its website. This is what caught our attention. It's brilliant but the song does tend to stick in your head. We shared it with lots of friends so by the time we got there it felt like we were going to a major attraction. It was worth it. I loved the cheesecake and most special of all we met Eileen! It was like meeting a celebrity. There are many styles of cheesecake around so obviously not everybody likes the same but this suited us perfectly. Quite light and the toppings beautiful. How I wish we could have taken some home.
We shall tell everybody about it and can't wait to revisit in October with my husband who loves cheesecake even more then I do.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
TA
“Say cheese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It's good but over hyped.
We had better cheese cakes in town. The NY Cheese cake is a dense experience. One expect that. Eileen's doesn't deliver that experience but a lighter version of it. Moreover, the crust is a lot of that experience - the one we had failed at the crust test!
If you are at China town or Little Italy buy a couple of the small cakes and hover to the nearby seating park. Don't feel obliged to travel across town. My verdict 3/5.

Visited May 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great cheesecake, small place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The cheesecake is great, but the place is very small, don´t expect to sit and enjoy your cheesecake within the premises. There is a park right across the street though, so sitting is not really a problem.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“very creamy and delicious cheesecake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The place is a tiny little friendly shop. The freshness of the cakes and the friendly service makes it impossible not to go back as soon as I get to New York again.

Visited April 2014
Charlotte
“Don't miss this treat of a place in SoHo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had read many good things about Eileen's Special Cheesecake before our family went to New York for a trip, and it lived up to my expectations, easily. I wish I could have brought the place back home with me. You can pick up cheesecakes of various sizes, of course, but they have a great selection of round, individual servings that are an excellent snack and pick-me-up when shopping nearby in either SoHo or China Town. Fortunately, Eileen's also ships, so you can bet I will have some of those coming down South before long.

• Visited April 2014