“WOW, best cheesecake I've ever had!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WOW, best cheesecake I've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

During our recent trip to NYC, I wanted to try several "authentic" NYC cheesecakes to see which was the best. It was hands down, no contest Eileen's. The shop is definitely quaint and small with limited seating; a classic hole in the wall joint. Eileen herself was extremely friendly describing the cheesecakes to us and we got 2 minis at $3.50 a piece. We tried the new salted caramel and the chocolate with chocolate drizzle. Both were exceptional! Not as heavy, thick and sugary like a Junior's or Cheesecake Factory slice and didn't give you that head ache sugar rush. It was more light and fluffy and the crust moist and crumbly. If you are looking for the best NYC cheesecake, definitely give this place a try; you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Nothing ready-made for this vegan to sample!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was told that Eileen's makes a vegan/tofu cheesecake, but when I got there, I was told that they only make it full-size, and you have to order it ahead of time. So while my family members got to try a couple of different small cheesecakes and raved about how good it was, there was nothing for me. Well, if I want a vegan cheesecake, I will definitely be going elsewhere!

Visited August 2012
“Quite frustrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After seeing the great comments here we went to try Eileen's special cheesecake.
Quite frustrated, they are not special at all and are just ok, nothing more.
I prefer much more the one my sister prepares herself!
Nice staff, though.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“It's just a cake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

When you look at the top 10 restaurants in New York, you'll see Eileen's Special Cheesecake. Who doesn't loves cakes? Especially when they advertise themselves as "Special". Needless to say, we took the subway downtown, and headed to Eileen's. It's easy to find when you are using your mobile GPS [Wayz]. I took a picture from across the street and couldn't believe it's such a small place. Sometimes you can find a treasure in a small shop. Since there was no place to seat, we chose 2 cakes from the display, and went to find a cup of coffee elsewhere. The cakes were good, but I think I've had a few better in my life.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The BEST cheesecake ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Cannot describe how GOOD it was. My husband does not like cheesecakes but he loved this one! we even returned specifically to the neigthborhood to eat it again before coming back to our country. NO words to describe its excellent flavour! do not miss it!

Visited June 2013